Amt 2009 Dodge Challenger

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Amt 2009 Dodge Challenger

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

My first build since moving in will be amts Dodge Challenger. I have started work but no pictures yet. All I have done is test fit and swapped out the wheels for the wheels and tires from the fast and furious 1971 Plymouth GTX. The kit ones looked silly.
This should be black with a red stripe or red with a black stripe not sure yet. Alongside this I am working on the GTX and I was picking around the other wips I have to finish
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: Amt 2009 Dodge Challenger

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Primed!
Airbrushing in a 1 bedroom apt. is not fun...
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Cool. I need to get one of these.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks good!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks good! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Impressive! Looks like you overcame the obstacle. I do know how you feel; I'm in a two-bedroom place but it might as well be one bedroom given the limited space we have.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks everyone! Apologies for the late response, I bumbled up my account... again.
For some reason the colour looks so much more orange on camera. It is actually quite a darker red.
Challenger vs Challenger (1970)
Wheels are black. Not sure what to do with them right now, but I have to do all the black trim and details first before I do anything else with decals and whatnot.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Lookin' good so far Declan. Crazy about that size difference huh but then again that is a 1/24 vs. 1/25.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

The Challenger is a big car. You can see in this pic that my 2011 Challenger is bigger than my 2009 charger.

2009 Charger: 200″ L x 75″ W x 58″ H

2011 Challenger: 198″ L x 76″ W x 57″ H
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah, the size differences between 1/24 and 1/25 is obvious.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”