BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!

Post by keavdog »

Need to model that :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I believe there's decals for that jet. I'll have to look. :hmm:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ok... some progress but no pics yet. I’ve been lazy and tired to post them. Here’s why... this kit has been fighting me left and right due to fit issues. Too many gaps but they will be addressed.... providing I don’t put a hammer to it first. Granted, this is an old re-issue kit and that’s expected. Oh yeah, she is a big ol’ bird. The next time I build an A-10 Warthog or two, (or three :giggles: ) they will be 1/72 scale. Even in that scale it’s a decent size built up.
In those scale, I want to do the Black Snakes scheme, Red Devils scheme and the Wild Warthog boar teeth scheme.

Right now, I’ve prime painted what is assigned white. Later on, I’ll prime it grey once warm weather outdoors return. Today it was sunny with a high of 70 degrees. Perfect for painting outdoors. The weekend calls for rain and next week temps in the high 40s.
If I get too impatient, I’ll test my decanting nozzles for airbrushing.

This will probably be the last aircraft kit to build for now since I’m running out of storage/display space for all my aircrafts. I’m still on the hunt for a cheap or free display case with glass doors fo4 my basement. I’d build my own but wood is getting very expensive due to inflation.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Looking forward to the pictures of progress. Man I hear you about the fit issues with this bad boy of a kit but have faith in the fact that with persistence you'll get it all worked out.

Umm......I'll join that club with display space. :whistle:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

There 2 things with this Revell kit - both really irritates me to no end but it is what it is.

One.... wings flaps are molded OPEN. No option for closed position whatsoever. :headbang:

Two.... is THE most idiotic thing Revell has done. The canopy has one option.... OPEN !!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I’m gonna try to cut and make it in closed position. I know clear parts tend to be brittle but careful cutting needs to be mindful of. Nothing but a simple hobby saw will do the job. :lashed:

I won’t be surprised if minor gap filling will be needed.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Is there a vacuform canopy available for this?
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I ended up cutting the canopy at the hinge and glued in place. Fits perfectly than I had hoped.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

A lot of progress made. I'm basically ready to prime and paint.
First photo you can see where I made the cut at the hinge of canopy for closed position. Gap will be filled in.

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

All Right! That's a lot of progress indeed. Now you have to build the other half...all that ordinance :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking like an A-10 now :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”