Foose FD-100 Ford Pick up

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Foose FD-100 Ford Pick up

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I finally washed off the Easy Off off the body pieces. Not all came off on the cab, bed section, hood and firewall (about 70% removed on the firewall). So another coat of Easy Off went on tonight and a second tomorrow for good measures..

While that's sitting, I decided to post pics of progress from a couple nights ago - the chassis is done!

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Great job so far Tom. These kits practically put themselves together. There are a couple of areas of concern though. If I'm not mistaken I installed my interior onto the chassis first and then the cab onto the chassis. I think my build thread on this truck covers that.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Nice!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That chassis doesn’t need a body! Nice...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Thank you, guys.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Foose FD-100 Ford Pick up - It's Going in The Bin

Post by BlackSheep214 »

White primer applied couple days ago. To be honest, this kit is really aggravating me to no end. First the paint job went to sh!t on me. Stripping it is a chore, and it's leaving residual clumps behind and are difficult to sand down.

It looks like this one is going in the bin until I find another Foose FD-100 pick up kit and start over on the cab, door panel, dashboard, firewall, and truck bed assembly.

The tailgate I can remove without damaging it.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Man that bites! I hate it when that happens! I do hope you can get another and get this finished. Good luck to you!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah it does, Mark. I’m better off getting another Foose Ford FD-100 kit for they seem to be plentiful at my local Hobby Lobby. Nothing would satisfy me by starting over with a clean slate. 85% of the second kit would be used for spare parts.

Rest assure, I will finish this one at some point.

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Sorry to hear about that Tom and you're right about HL having plenty of them. Popular kits.

Looking forward to seeing this one in progress again bud.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Only one update before shelving this one. I managed to get the tailgate off with a debonder. It’s now in a stripping bath so later tonight, I’ll clean it up and put it away til a new FD-100 is purchased.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”