AMT 1970 Camaro Build-Last Shots Before Completion-09/04

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Paul
Addicted Member

Re: AMT 1970 Camaro Build-Wet Sanding & Polish-08/15

Post by Paul »

I guess that I am mostly interested in cars from the 40's to the early 60's probably because they were the ones that Dad bought and we went traveling in. Mostly Fords and Chrysler products plus the the red Buick that had those fake exhaust ports in the fenders. To me it seemed that the muscle car era was mostly Chevrolet products where I liked Mopar and a Mustang or Torinos.
joerix62

Post by joerix62 »

BRO! That is some righteous shiney you have achieved. Your technique is just spot on effective. I love it!
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Paul: I hear ya man. I build alot of cars that my dad liked as well. Over the years my tastes have developed into my own somewhat, but the heart of my interests will always be driven by my father.

Joe: Thank you so much friend. Been a while since I've talked to you so I'll get all caught up with you soon enough.

Ok gang!! Update time!! After over two weeks without any progress reports I figured it'd be high time that I did it now. Here she is with the proper stance and wheels.
All I can say is this is one of the HARDEST car models to get the body over the chassis that I've EVER dealt with. When I finally did manage to get the chassis installed all the way into the body, the front part of the dash contacted the bottom of the windshield mounting tabs causing the whole front of the chassis to not seat properly. The fix is to trim the bottom of the windshield and the front part of the dash to get everything to seat right. Total PIA but I got it.

Here's the results of my labor over the last few weeks. Almost to the finish line with this one......

jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: AMT 1970 Camaro Build-Update Time!! 09/02

Post by jeaton01 »

I could screw up that paint job just by looking at it.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:wub: beautiful red!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stunning!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks fellas. I managed to get the front valance and tail light panel on this morning. Tail light panel was a bear to get into place but I managed to get it to cooperate with a little sanding and filing.

I lost one of my front turn signal lenses this morning so I'll turn to my spare Z-28 kit for the replacement piece and try to get those installed pretty soon. It's down to just a few things left and this puppy will cross the finish line.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Thanks,
John
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Joe, it's already a masterpiece !!!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks guys.
A bit more progress. I'm less than thrilled about the front end on this one but I only lack the bumperettes in the front, some final polishing, mirror install and then the emblems and we're all done with this one.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”