Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 Brown 4

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
jkim
Elite Member

Re: Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 Brown 4

Post by jkim »

Friday Friday! I should be able to get the finished photos done this weekend. Hopefully! The slack aerial due to the open canopy will require some finesse.
mostrich wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:48 am You're going with Hasegawa instead of Trumpeter, right? :lashed:
No choice when it comes to the Razorback, unfortunately.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Looking forward to the final photos!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Just finished putting on the aerial... she's a wrap!

For a full gallery of finished photos of Brown 4, go to the following link:
https://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6475

John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now that is one superb finish John! Very interesting how the older and newer camo color sub assemblies are combined on one airframe. That sure illustrates the late war dispersed assembly process quite vividly. Once again, you’ve knocked it out of the park with your latest completion. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks Carlos! The late war Luftwaffe paint schemes are very interesting. There is only so much you can do with OD and Neutral Grey but the Luftwaffe palette and the uncertainties behind the palette gives the modeler lots of interesting options. But when it comes to colorful nose art, the US wins that one handily1
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

jkim wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:07 pm Thanks Carlos! The late war Luftwaffe paint schemes are very interesting. There is only so much you can do with OD and Neutral Grey but the Luftwaffe palette and the uncertainties behind the palette gives the modeler lots of interesting options. But when it comes to colorful nose art, the US wins that one handily1
Actually OD faded so many different ways, and with subcontractors building different components on some aircraft, it gives the modeler a lot of leeway for variation on basic OD. The OD paint faded at a different tone and speed compared to OD doped flight control surfaces. Add in the early/mid war use of Medium green mottling and edging and it gets more fun. Then of course there is the P-40 which wore just about every paint scheme under the sun of those war years… :wink:

These C-47s are all OD. A perfect example of how much you can play with the color. BTW, this photo is not colorized, in case you were wondering.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”