Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 251/22

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Floki
Elite Member

Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 251/22

Post by Floki »

Well my latest build that I'm doing for a Group Build on Discord. Dragons 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 251/22 I've built several of Dragons 251 kits so I know what I'm getting into. The only really place to watch is getting the floor and sidewalls lined up correctly.

A video showing what's in the box

Then got some work done on this over the past week just haven't had much time till now to post anything.

Next I will be working on painting the interior.
Video of the build up to painting

Thanks for looking in!
Skol!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 251/22

Post by Scruffy »

Watched the video this morning with my coffee, very informative, as I have the same kit in the stash, but have not built a DML 251 before.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Always liked the 251s. I know Bish is a huge fan. I don't know where you guys get the patience to build those tracks :headslap: . That and roadwheels keep me away from most armor subjects. Probably a good thing considering my stash would be 2x. :giggles:
Great work so far Clint. Looking forward to the rest of this build.
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Nice start Floki - Skol!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Great start Clint! I haven’t built a Dragon kit in years, so I can sympathize with your approach on this 251. Study the instructions well, test fit the parts, then commit to gluing… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Scruffy wrote:Watched the video this morning with my coffee, very informative, as I have the same kit in the stash, but have not built a DML 251 before.
They can be a bit tricky, the Ausf. C is a lot harder to line up compared to this Ausf. D
keavdog wrote:Always liked the 251s. I know Bish is a huge fan. I don't know where you guys get the patience to build those tracks :headslap: . That and roadwheels keep me away from most armor subjects. Probably a good thing considering my stash would be 2x. :giggles:
Great work so far Clint. Looking forward to the rest of this build.
Thank you! I don't mind these tracks that can be made workable, if the kit tracks aren't workable I'll go AM I won't fight indy tracks or trying to paint rubber tracks again. That's just me nothing wrong with them and guys can make them look amazing I just don't have the time or want to use them anymore.
Stuart wrote:Nice start Floki - Skol!
Thank you Stuart!
Stikpusher wrote:Great start Clint! I haven’t built a Dragon kit in years, so I can sympathize with your approach on this 251. Study the instructions well, test fit the parts, then commit to gluing… :hmm:
Thank you Carlos! Like every Dragon kit test fitting is key and don't be afraid to deviate from the flow of the instructions. They lie to you :giggles:
Odin's sons... Attack!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Carlos! Like every Dragon kit test fitting is key and don't be afraid to deviate from the flow of the instructions. They lie to you :giggles:

Ain’t that the truth! :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Beautiful work so far. This is amazing.

I have to ask though, what is 'Discord'? I play an online game and many of the clans recruiting state that Discord is mandatory for membership. Needless to say, I don't join those.

Keep ti coming man! I also know about Dragon instructions as I've built almost their entire line of 1/72 armor models. Yeah, their instructions are an exercise in creative reading.... :headslap:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Thank you Mark! Sometimes I wonder if who ever makes the Dragon instructions have ever seen the kit.

Discord is kind of a forum server that in the gaming side is mostly used for voice chat and planning. The server hosting the GB is called model idiots, a great bunch of guys :giggles:
Odin's sons... Attack!
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I've been working on painting the leather and wooden interior parts this week.

I think everything turned out looking good, the driver seat I think looks awesome too bad it will be extremely hard to see on the finished model

A video of how I painted these

Thank you all for looking in!
Skol!
Odin's sons... Attack!

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”