Out of pocket for a bit

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Out of pocket for a bit

Post by keavdog »

Thanks Stik - that was an incredibly refreshing read. So happy I'm moving.
So the movers came today and the house is empty except for the items we are taking to the apartment (double move...) and my built models.
I heard a bam slam from my office and I believe one of the movers smacked his head on the bottom shelf of my display. Mostly upset the airliner models but no major damage. As a matter of fact, the only damage was one nose wheel from my Trump 757 so I guess he was leaning left when he hit the shelf :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Good to hear that you like the link. It took me some getting used to seeing folks packing openly here and there when we first moved here. Amazing the difference that crossing a river makes… :hmm: No I gotta wonder how does one smack their head on a bottom shelf…? :hmm: Those are usually pretty low. Thankfully the damage was minimal. Good luck to you on the double moves. I’m guessing that your gonna leave most stuff packed except for what you need to use in the temporary place?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

He was squatting down trying to figure out how to get my monster steelcase desk out. When he stood up he conked his head. This is an older pic of my shelves but you get the idea. (The aquarium is long gone).
As for the move - just about everything goes into storage for 6 months. We sold a lot of furniture as my wife wants to do something different at the new house. We will be taking the bare minimum and sleeping on an inflatable bed - actually pretty comfortable :giggles: .
Thanks,
John
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

God I hate moving. I try not to do it very often.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

I have done my last one,my next one will be in a wheelchair or a body bag,hopefully many years from now.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Yeah, feet first for me, too, Tojo.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

That's what I said for the move before the move to Florida
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

This will be my last move... course I said that last time.

Robert - package shipped today. Should arrive USPS Monday.

Part II of our move - picked up a U-Haul trailer and everything we are taking to the apartment goes in it. We head for AZ tomorrow AM. I still have to come back once to ferry all the models
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

As long as AZ doesn’t get Californicated, you’ll stay here. :wink: All I have to say to all the folks who moved from there to here is remember why you left… don’t let it or make it happen here. :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I finished loading the trailer around 10:30 Thu evening. Up at 6:00 Friday to do final loading/cleaning. We made it to our apartment in Goodyear by 3:00 and I had the trailer unloaded and returned to U-Haul by 6:00. Unloading in 112 degrees was a great baptism. Slept like a baby. So now we wait until our house is done sometime between Dec/Feb.
Thanks,
John

Return to “Free Discussion”