Tamiya 1/48 F2A-2

Highlighting the aircraft during the interwar period between WW 1 and WW 2. Military and civillian. There are some great and colorful subjects and a number of air racers. Tuild one, Build them all!

Runs from July 1, 2022 until December 31, 2022

Carlos Cisneros (Stikpusher) and/or John Eaton (jeaton01) are moderators of this one.
Stikpusher

Re: Tamiya 1/48 F2A-2

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys! The Yellow looks ok up close, better a foot or more away… the Flat Insignia Yellow middle coat had a bit of a rough texture, and that shows thru the Gloss Chrome Yellow… :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Just a bit of progress today…
First up, I added the life raft canister/headrest and the rollover bar onto the rear deck

Then I masked off the canopy and cemented that into place. Masking took quite a while….

I also glued the forward antenna mast into place then cut it off, as VF-2 did that and instead mounted the antenna wire running from the tail to a stub mast on the left wing. Tomorrow I will resume painting on this one…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Today, after lots of masking, I airbrushed on the True Blue section leaders band, cowling, and wing chevron

Next up is lots more masking, then airbrushing all of the aluminum lacquer areas of the fuselage and wing undersides…

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Yeah boy! Great to see a colorful bird between all that camouflaged gear.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks very nice! I especially like the yellow on the canopy!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that looks awesome! :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

She’s looking damn good!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's coming along really nicely Carlos - looking forward to seeing the end result.

Will you be using the Tamiya decals on this, or have you got an AM set (or are you painting them?)
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Many thanks guys.
mostrich wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:08 am Yeah boy! Great to see a colorful bird between all that camouflaged gear.
These Yellow Wings aircraft sure are attractive in their colors, that’s for sure!
LyleW wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:10 am Looks very nice! I especially like the yellow on the canopy!
Lots of fun doing that… and no blood was drawn, which is even more impressive… :whistle:
Stuart wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:29 am That's coming along really nicely Carlos - looking forward to seeing the end result.

Will you be using the Tamiya decals on this, or have you got an AM set (or are you painting them?)
I’m doing a combination of all of the above Stuart. Some kit decals, I instead ended up painting, to insure that all of the colors matched. I do have some AM decals to use as well, since the kit star cockades look terrible, and a few of the other decals are also questionable. But I do plan to use some kit decals.

I was out of town over the last few days, so this morning I was back at the bench masking again, getting ready for the next airbrush session later today. If that goes well, it’s gloss coat after the drying time.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, todays airbrush session was good, but, as always, there were complications….

The aluminum coat went on just fine on the fuselage and underside of the wings

Unfortunately when removing the masking, some of the paint on the tail area came up, so I need to do a touch up there, plus on the blue fuselage band. So a day of touch up paint, then dry time before the gloss coat. But at least now all the base colors are on…

FLSM

Return to “Yellow Wings and Golden Era GB”