Kenny X’s Reboots

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Kenny X’s Reboots

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that yellow looks awesome!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Looking good Kenny
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thank you!!

Aaand paintwork continues on “Black 1.” Horizontal stabilizer parts got the topside painted. Replete with a little red on those important little guys on back. Trying a new thing- painting these and their struts separate, and devoting a whole session to attaching them later once everything else is painted and decal’d. Yeah I dislike going near paint with glue, but I dislike masking, and painting around those appendages when attached so if I can, I’ll leave them off.

This subject’s topside splinter camo is really unique and neat. It’s slightly wavy, according to the afore/l-posted reference pics. I’ve seen examples of this referred to as the “Simplified Splinter Camo” or some such thing. Not bad to mask. And I like the effect.

Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Your paint looks awesome Kenny! I love the RLM02/71 modified splinter scheme!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thank you John!! :-D I dig the scheme too! Very cool. It’s grown on me a whole lot.

And the topside of the wings has started! I think this will be all for this session. More thin layers tomorrow.

Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

The RLM 02 on the starboard side wing might be done, I think. But I have been fooled before. I’ll give the paint overnight to setup and see how it looks in the sunlight. If another blend coat or two is needed I’ll shoot that tomorrow. Meanwhile, it was a good day of painting!

Kenny X
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

I decided a bit more blending was in order so very early this morning I misted some heavily thinned RLM 02 on there, and here is the result. The modulation and depth is exactly where I want it.

Kenny X
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Kenny X
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nice!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thanks Lyle! Slowly but surely she’s coming along.
Kenny X

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”