Papagei Staffel Red 4

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
KennyX
Elite Member

Papagei Staffel Red 4

Post by KennyX »

Scale: 1:48
Aircraft: FW 190 D-11
Subject; Red 4
Kit Mfg.: Eduard

This just arrived in the mail, and now that “Black 1” is out of primary construction and into the painting phase I have a slot open and I want to get started right away:

This could technically be a re-boot, as I was working with a Hasegawa Dora for my “Eddie Van Halen Dora” project, but I ended up scrapping the idea because it looked good on paper, but maybe not so much in real life. Plus, I just didn’t like that kit so much. I’m partial to Eduard’s offerings, so I pulled the trigger on this one a week ago after looking at several various and sundry FW kits. I’d love Zoukei Mura’s but they’re back ordered. That’ll happen. It can wait. Meanwhile, I’ll do this one because, thanks to our friend Mr. John Kim, I’ve been wanting to do a Dora for a long time.

I’ll be doing “Red 4”. John’s doing “Brown 4” now, I’m doing “Red 4.” His will be amazing. I’m hoping this one comes out good.

The subject:

I primed a few cockpit parts today. Will have pics once the cockpit building and painting is underway.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stikpusher

Re: Papagei Staffel Red 4

Post by Stikpusher »

Great subject choice Kenny! Looking forward to seeing you work your magic here.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Watching. Someday I'll build an Fw-190 that is not the Monogram kit. although I did once branch out and build the Lindberg 1/72 model and the Fujimi 1/48 190D-9, which I thought did not look much like a 190D-9
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

You'll love this kit! I've built two of the eduard Dora's and have two more in the stash. Red 4 is going to be the next scheme I go with too
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

:popcorn:
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Allright! I love the lines of the Dora. I need to add one to the stash so I'll be following along. Van Halen version :giggles:
Thanks,
John
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

I haven’t experienced this with Eduard kits too much:

…a couple of parts so far needed some cleanup, as you see here. The pieces themselves were just fine after cleanup. I’m not of a mind to complain. I think that Tamiya has spoiled me a little bit in this regard. It’s fine. And it isn’t every piece.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I've never built a kit yet that didn't require a bit of tidying up. Nice choice of subject Ken!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote:I've never built a kit yet that didn't require a bit of tidying up.
:P1:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Here’s some cockpit stuff. Seat, stick, and panel are dry-fit. Kept them separate during painting.

I’ll start on the PE stuff tomorrow most likely. If not, over the weekend. I wanted to see what this would look like with paint, and I like it, very interesting cockpit.
Kenny X

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”