1970-1/2 Camaro Z/28-Completed Build

Here is the place to show off your completed automobile products.
mustang1989

1970-1/2 Camaro Z/28-Completed Build

Post by mustang1989 »

After 3 months I've finished this puppy up. I'm going to put together a small re-cap of the trouble points with this kit in my build thread for anyone that wants to build one of these. I will say that in the kit reviews that I watched along with what I read before starting on this build it says to build up the subframe up front separately and install it after the base chassis has been installed into the body (which was no small feat on this model-At several points I thought I was going to break something big trying to get the body and chassis together.
I've had this model in the stash for around 8 years and have always wanted to build one because I like them so much. I was gonna have one of these for my first car to drive before dad saw the well-built 350 in it with a 4-speed and put a stop to that. He used to tell me, "If you're gonna kill yourself....you aint gonna do it under my roof." :giggles:
The kit is one that's all too familiar to us and if you've ever been to Hobby Lobby you'll know the one that I'm talking about.

Most of the cars that I saw were yellow, green, brown and black but I wanted something different. I wanted red .....but not just any red....something that is out of the ordinary and magnetic to the eyes. My choice ended up being Raspberry Red. I fell in love with this car the second I saw it................

Now for the look I was after. The stock wheels and tires look alright but I wanted something a bit more aggressive and with those and I wanted to drop the front stance in the front and raise the rear just enough to get the "meats" I had in mind to look how I wanted. I had the parts from three different kits to make the wheel & tire choices.

Other parts used throughout the build were the PE fret from Model Car Garage for the engine, interior and exterior details. Magazine in the seat from a supplier on ebay years ago and decals from Speedway for the license plate. MCW supplied the Rasberry Red and Testors Wet Look was used for the clear coat. A light coat of Tamiya Smoke goes on the wheels to give them a more realistic look and bring out the details. The kit fought me some but wasn't too bad to build after reading reviews and looking over build threads from other folks who have built this same car. Thanks go out to all who looked in on and encouraged me along the way.

LyleW
Admin

Re: 1970-1/2 Camaro Z/28-Completed Build

Post by LyleW »

That is a real masterpiece! Wow! Shazamm! OOOHHH Baby! Man o Man!

a real beauty!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Just eye-candy awesome

And yes I have this in the stash
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Zoom zoom! Looks great Joe - love that finish.
Thanks,
John
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Your best yet sir. :bow:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s a great looking build! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

You really nailed it on this beauty!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Outstanding, Joe, I love it.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Awesome work as ever Joe - loving the stance and the colour, it's probably the nicest Z28 I've seen! :wub:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Beautiful Z28, Joe! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Completed Builds: Automobiles”