Tamiya 1/20 Lotus Type 79 1979

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Re: Tamiya 1/20 Lotus Type 79 1979

Post by Greg »

Stuart, Duke, Mike....

I really appreciate your comments, especially me being the new guy here and us having just 'met' here online. Thanks so much for your encouragement and time! There is some major talent here and I'm sure enjoying getting to know (and learn from) you all.

Johnny, always good to hear from you. Thanks! (I'm heading down your way later today for a quick few days in Clearwater) I'm a bit upset that I am missing Modelpalozza by such a short time. I'd really like to meet you and the rest of the FL crew.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

It's alway a joy to see a Formula One car model getting build. Of course you can build them curb side style, but in my eyes adding cables and plumbing makes the difference. From the outside so smooth and streamlined but from the inside a huge engineer's mess. :giggles:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:whiteflag:

Amazing build you’ve got going on, Greg :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Post by Greg »

mostrich wrote:From the outside so smooth and streamlined but from the inside a huge engineer's mess. :giggles:
Ha! I like that! :lol: Thanks for your encouragement!

Tom, good to hear from you. Thank you for your kind works.

I am finally done with the rear end assy. Now lets see if I can build an F1 body and make the innards fit. :hmm:

This is my first car engine detailing attempt. Special thanks to Mustang Joe for nudging me along to try it over the years. I might mess up the rest of this thing, but at least I detailed my first engine and got this far.

If anyone thinks the braided line and fittings are out of scale, they probably are. I didn't really notice until I was far enough along not to want to start over!
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Greg wrote:) I'm a bit upset that I am missing Modelpalozza by such a short time. I'd really like to meet you and the rest of the FL crew.
Really. Would have been great to sit for lunch and talk shop. Last year I met with Bobby(Eagle) and Ernie. Had a fun day
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow Greg! That is so well done that it looks totally real! I almost expect it to start up and roar!

Bring on the rest!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Greg, that is excellent work on all the wiring and plumbing! :shoutout: A pain to do, but that makes things look so much better!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Man, that does look real Greg! :shoutout:

Ford..FirstOnRaceDay! :grin:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: That is super work!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Dammit man!!! That looks great Greg!! Love all the detail that you're putting into this car. That's the one thing about these F1 series rides.....they are packed with details and alot of it gets to be shown off.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”