Academy 1/35 M981

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: Academy 1/35 M981

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:50 pm This is a good lookin' track. I'm going to be watching in on this one Carlos!
Thanks Mike. That turret sure busies up the look of a basic 113. :hmm:
jeaton01 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:00 pm You ever think of a low risk occupation before you retired, Carlos? :tank:
LOL! Yeah... but I found that inside desk jobs and me did not go together well.... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great stuff Carlos!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Over the past year, I’ve done a little bit of work on this here and there, but no major progress until today.

Recently I had completed the hammerhead turret by using the flexible portion of a bendable straw for the cover on the optical duct

Then during the past few session when I had been working on this I had been working on the tracks, which I finally completed today…

So now this is ready for final assembly then painting… my big decision will be to have the trim vane down as a cargo shelf or have it retracted like normal. Plus I need to improvise some antenna base guards…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool Stik!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mike. It’s starting to take final shape now.

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:19 pm Over the past year, I’ve done a little bit of work on this here and there, but no major progress until today.

Recently I had completed the hammerhead turret by using the flexible portion of a bendable straw for the cover on the optical duct

That's truly a smart solution using a piece of straw, will look perfect when some paint on!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Kari. I did the same thing with straws on my M901 ITV and LAV-AT builds. They use a nearly identical turret. But in those cases, I built the vehicles with the hammerheads in the firing position, rather than stowed like this one.

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Some very impressive work going on in this thread Carlos. WOW!!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Joe. I’m just at something of a pause point over the antennas and some appropriate crew figures… 🤨

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great to see this back on the bench.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”