42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle of Quatre Bras, June, 1815

Here is the place to show of your completed figurine and diorama product.
SteveSki
Advanced Member

42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle of Quatre Bras, June, 1815

Post by SteveSki »

54mm Resin, Sculpted by Vladimir Danilov, offered by Castle Miniatures.

These figures were painted with oils over an acrylic base. Only the tartans were painted in acrylics with a minor oil wash. The base is a chunk of drift wood found locally along the river with air clay added as the base for the figures, along with standard ground work to finish the affect.

This is an incredibly well sculpted set, especially in this scale, and was a taunting challenge I just couldn’t pass up. This was truly a fun run and well worth stretching my comfort zone. These figures are Classic!

Cheer, Ski.
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

keavdog
Elite Member

Re: 42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle of Quatre Bras, June, 1815

Post by keavdog »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle of Quatre Bras, June, 1815

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:that:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Thank you, Gentlemen!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You sa wizard! Man, that is stunning work.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I give up on figure painting. :giggles: I am unworthy. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
That is simply fantastic work.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

LyleW wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:30 am You sa wizard! Man, that is stunning work.
Thank you, Lyle!
BlackSheep214 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:01 am I am unworthy.
Oh, stop it! If I can do it, so can you. There's only "One" who walks on water, and it ain't me, HA!

Thanks, Bro!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That is one superb piece of artistry! I honestly don’t have the proper words to describe how incredible your work in on this effort. Ski, you have produced one truly fine display of superb craftsmanship and talent.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Man, thanks, Stik, I greatly appreciate those kind words!

I'm off to the bench to see what kinda trouble I can roust up, lol.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

By far some of the best figure painting I've ever seen!! Absolutely incredible work!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Completed Builds: Figurines and Dioramas”