Heller 1/48 Etendard IV M

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: Heller 1/48 Etendard IV M

Post by Stikpusher »

So I spent last week taking care of the last few details prior to starting painting… during that process, I accidentally broke the pitot tube off of the tail, so I made a new one from brass

Clear parts dipped in Future, masked off, and installed… the fit was bad…

And yesterday, I got on a base coat of primer… that took for longer than I had thought that it would…

In a few hours here I’ll start applying the underside colors…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very nice Carlos - that's really starting to come together. Am I right in thinking this is going to have folded wingtips?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Looks great. And with regards to the pitot tube, there are NO accidents. That is part of the kit design and required during the building process. If one fails to break that off and either reattach it or make a new, then your hair will catch fire for the sin. I attach all the small fiddly bits with full knowledge that each and every one will be snapped off as per the building requirements.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!
Stuart, yes I’m gonna fold the wings on this one. It helps save on shelf display space :wink: leaving them off for now helps with painting and masking.

Brandon, I like the leave off the little stuff until after decals and washes. But in this case it was not possible, as the pitot was molded as part of the tail, not something to be installed later.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Brandons_Iron wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:04 am Looks great. And with regards to the pitot tube, there are NO accidents. That is part of the kit design and required during the building process. If one fails to break that off and either reattach it or make a new, then your hair will catch fire for the sin. I attach all the small fiddly bits with full knowledge that each and every one will be snapped off as per the building requirements.
It's pretty prominent on this a/c for sure, but on say a 1/72 F-4 Phantom, for most kits, they are overscale and don't look good OOB.
I might :quotes: accidentally :quotes: break them off. Sometimes no details are better than bad details...
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Looking good Stik!
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice save on the pitot tube. I'm always mindful of them but accidents do happen. I've had my fair share of fiddly bits snapping off.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Another airbrushing session today. A base coat of Flat White on the undersides, and some aluminum in the speed brake and wheel wells, as well as on the inner faces of those doors and the landing gear struts & pistons.

Tomorrow I’ll get on a coat of Gloss White over the Flat White. It should be nice and vivid over the base coat….

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

It's looking great Stik!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mike.

Today I airbrushed on the Gloss White. Not an even coat, but a blotchy coat to simulate wear.

Next up will be masking and the topside gray…

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”