The Jetstream that wasn't...

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

The Jetstream that wasn't...

Post by Stuart »

There are far far too many uber builds going on, so now that I'm settled into my new house it must be time for mw to bring the tone down with one of my crappy old Airfix kits.

This is Airfix's recent re-release of their 1960's Jetstream kit. The mad thing is that they kitted a version of the Jetstream that never really existed other than a prototype. Re-engined with Garret engines with an eye to the US market, it was built for an expected USAF order that never happened - still a cool looking aircraft though.

I'm actually building this for an old tool Airfix twin GB, and have been keeping things very simple.

So far I've painted up the pilots and interior...

And got all of the main parts together. The fit is as you'd expect for a 60's kit - pretty much every seam needs work - but overall its not that bad.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Re: The Jetstream that wasn't...

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh I do like this one! What Monogram and Revell are to us older American modelers, Airfix must be to you Brits. Great paint work on those pilots I must say! Some simple colors and washes? The recessed and raised detailing looks great under that paint. It’s amazing what you did with those old 1/72 figures. :wow: :shoutout:
Since this aircraft never went into service, you actually have a lot of leeway with markings options… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Wow, that was quick... looks like she's almost ready for paint. I'd love having those cots on those long overseas flights.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Great looking airplane. Following!
Thanks,
John
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, thanks for the memories Stuart! I built one of the original issues some years back. The decals were a bear to work with so one day I want to get one of the newer releases for the new decals. Looking forward to seeing more; you're doing magnificent!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Neat!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Very cool aircraft. I wonder if there are markings for the Presidential steed of this one.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Uber different! This is gonna be cool to watch… Although possibly short-lived as it looks like you’re flying through the kit :giggles:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool! Really getting back into it there Stuart! :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hey now! Old kits have soul and you bloody well know it! Congratulations on a new home!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”