The Jetstream that wasn't...

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: The Jetstream that wasn't...

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:19 pm Oh I do like this one! What Monogram and Revell are to us older American modelers, Airfix must be to you Brits. Great paint work on those pilots I must say! Some simple colors and washes? The recessed and raised detailing looks great under that paint. It’s amazing what you did with those old 1/72 figures. :wow: :shoutout:
Since this aircraft never went into service, you actually have a lot of leeway with markings options… :hmm:
Thanks Carlos!

Oh very much so I'd say, old Airfix, Matchbox, FROG, all very much the same as you guys in the US with your Monogram. I'd actually like to build a lot more Monogram kits but they're blooming expensive here in the UK - always have been.

I am going to do this white over NMF as per the boxart, as it would be a shame not to use the nice decals. That being said if I built another (which is likely) then I think a Lizard scheme would be cool - a la the Hawker 800's USAF uses.
jkim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:22 pm Wow, that was quick... looks like she's almost ready for paint. I'd love having those cots on those long overseas flights.
Thanks John! I've just started getting the primer on.

It think one of the possible uses was as a medicvac transport - hence the stretchers.
keavdog wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:26 pm Great looking airplane. Following!
Thanks John!
Duke Maddog wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:40 pm Wow, thanks for the memories Stuart! I built one of the original issues some years back. The decals were a bear to work with so one day I want to get one of the newer releases for the new decals. Looking forward to seeing more; you're doing magnificent!
Thanks Mark. Yes I have to say the new decals do look very nice - that's the good thing about these 'Vintage Classic' releases.
LyleW wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:30 pmNeat!
Thanks Lyle!
BlackSheep214 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:03 pm Very cool aircraft. I wonder if there are markings for the Presidential steed of this one.
:hmm: That would be cool actually - a future what-if maybe.
TheMongoose wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:16 am Re: The Jetstream that wasn't...Quote TheMongoose
by TheMongoose » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:16 pm

Uber different! This is gonna be cool to watch… Although possibly short-lived as it looks like you’re flying through the kit
LOL - thanks! Yeah it's going quite well, but then its a very simple kit. It's actually quite nice to build something different.
Medicman71 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:00 am
Very cool! Really getting back into it there Stuart! :shoutout:
Thanks Mike! It's nice to be building again!
speedgraflex wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:45 pm Hey now! Old kits have soul and you bloody well know it! Congratulations on a new home!
Thanks Bruce - I hope all is well with you. I love old kits as you know, and this one in particular is a lot of fun. Thanks! The new house is great as we're all very happy to be here - I'm fully intending to post up some pictures but it's been rather manic over the past few weeks!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Those old Airfix kits are still great. And sometimes the only option
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

tempestjohnny wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:26 pm Those old Airfix kits are still great. And sometimes the only option
For this version - totally the only option, although Sword have produced the RAF version in 1/72.

This is how far I am now - I've got the last of the bits on and am just adding some primer. From what I can tell there's a little bit of filling to do around the windscreen.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Lovely!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Looking really good, Stuart!
Pro tip: mask those windows before priming! :bag:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:31 pm Pro tip: mask those windows before priming! :bag:
Should we ask how that lesson was learned? :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

This is honestly one of the few stupid mistakes I did not do so far.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking awesome! Get some paint on her. She's going to be gorgeous.
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

mostrich wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:31 pm Looking really good, Stuart!
Stikpusher wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:36 pm
mostrich wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:31 pm Pro tip: mask those windows before priming! :bag:
Should we ask how that lesson was learned? :hmm:
Bit too late for that, as it was already primed when I took that last photo :grin:
keavdog wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:39 pm Looking awesome! Get some paint on her. She's going to be gorgeous.
Thanks!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

mostrich wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:31 pm Looking really good, Stuart!
No problem here! Just paint over them with clear...duh.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”