Back to work

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Back to work

Post by Medicman71 »

I’d like to retire as soon as I can afford it. This job takes a heavy toll on you mentally and especially physically. I know I’m going to have knee and shoulder problems as I get older. Hell I already have some issues physically.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:07 am I’d like to retire as soon as I can afford it. This job takes a heavy toll on you mentally and especially physically. I know I’m going to have knee and shoulder problems as I get older. Hell I already have some issues physically.
Yup, all the physical stuff takes it’s toll. I’ve got compressed discs in my spine, nerve damage in both arms, bum hip and knee… oh yeah, some hearing loss too…. and a medical retirement. It was a fun ride, but you want to be able to enjoy the next phase after work.

Tojo72 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 am We had some jerks on our job who were 62 and over,their combined pension and SS was actually equal to their working salary but they would say they weren't retiring because they didn't want to be home all the time with their wives !!!!

If things were that bad,it was time to get divorced,these guys think their going to live forever.I don't want to tell you how many guys died before retiring and never saw a dime of their pension.
Got to get out if you can and enjoy the rest of your life while you are able.
For them, retirement is death. Their job is who they are, and they usually die within a few years of leaving their jobs, if not sooner. I’ve seen it plenty times enough. One of my old watch commander’s was dead within a year of retiring... If they don’t like spending time with the old lady, there are plenty of things to do in this world to pass the time. Look at us plastiholics… there is never enough money or time in the day to do all that I’d love to do in retirement.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Retire as soon as you can, I agree with Tony. If you can't I can tell you that your time will go by fast, it did for me and many others. I've been out for 3.5yrs now and loving every minute of it, and I do enjoy being around my pretty lil woman, she's a keeper after 33yrs.

Besides, they kick you out the door at 57, so who's stupid enough to argue with that? And no, there was no looking back, although the job was a heck of a lot of fun! I do miss it sometimes but not the Delta Alphaholes running the show. Where else can a guy get paid to play Rugby and be given a 4x4 for a company ride?
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

Return to “Free Discussion”