Maddog Manufacturing 2023 Grand Reopening!

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2023 Grand Reopening!

Post by Stuart »

Very nice builds Mark - I love the MTBs!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, my apologies for missing all your replies! I'd been working eight days straight, 10+ hours per day. Finally I have time to catch up and see what's happening.

Thank you John Kdog! It's a dozer that is now done. Gotta get pics and get them posted soon. I hope you like it!

Thank you John Eaton! The tracks came a pre-molded part that I added stuff to before installing them on the dozer. Didn't have much choice in the sag. It came with a metal part for the main exhaust, I believe the starter exhaust was molded in place... which later broke off because I don't see it on the beastie now.

Thank you Carlos! It's nice to be able to get back to being me! Now if I can only find the screws for the Schnelboot; I'll be able to call it done!

Thank you Brandon! Now that I finished that hard job; I hope to be ramping up production again.

Thank you Johnny!

Thank you Steve!

Thank you Mike!

Thank you Stuart! I hope to get more PT boats done soon!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Despite having almost no time, I was able to get a bit more progress done, and even finished a few models. Some of those models have already been posted so these pics will show them on the way to the dispersal yard or dock.

Okay, lets start this tour by boarding the trams and heading out to the Hangar.

There's been some good progress in the Hangar here, starting with the two Spitfires we've been working on.

First, the Mk XIV got the decals in the cockpit which was also glued to the right fuselage half:

Meanwhile, the Mk VIII got the fuselage assembled and the wings and tails installed:

In this next bay, the German Me-110 got the final details added to the interior and sides of the fuselage halves:

This enabled us to then close it all up inside the fuselage:

Progress was quickly made as the wings and tail were then added:

Later the nose and exhaust were installed. The nose sub assembly had four parts to assemble before they could be mounted on the front of this plane:

That completes the tour of the Hangar, lets move on to the Motor Pool as my Shipyard crews are taking a much needed break after completing three boats.

Here in the Motor Pool, we have in this first bay the Russian FROG-7 Luna. First, the tires were dusted and weathered. This meant adding Tamiya weathering powders to the tire treads and then wiping them carefully off the raised surfaces after it dried:

Next the missile itself was painted and decaled. I tried to eliminate the silvering but no matter how many times I poked holes with a brand new Exacto blade and added Solvaset; they stubbornly remained silvered:

Finally, the decals were added to the main truck and then it was weathered:

Later on, the wheels and tires were added, the missile was loaded and she was sent to the dispersal yard for delivery to my Russian Army. You might have already seen those pics.

Moving on to the next bay, we got the base coat of green on the Sa-4 Ganef:

The missiles were then painted and the decals added. Once again, as with the FROG-7, these decals resisted all efforts to remove the silvering. Here's one of them. There were something like 30+ decals to add to each missile, I decided we'd only use about half of them:

This was then taken for a test drive sans missiles and brought back very dirty. Here it is before a loot of that dust and debris came off:

This one has since been cleaned up and the missiles loaded and final details added. She has now been sent to the dispersal yard for delivery to my Russian Army.

In this next bay we have the British Scimitar Mk.2. Almost all the assembly has been done and so the photo etch was then added:

All that was left, with the exception of breakable details was the base coat of green:

And that completes this short tour of Maddog Manufacturing again. Thank you all who stopped in to see this latest tour.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Need a pic of all your rockets/rocket launchers all lined up!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Agreed… especially the Russian ones!

Nice update Mark. Looking at your SA-4 makes me want to tackle mine… but not this year as things stand. 😕
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Mark been busy with what little free time he had. I say that's pretty good progress.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

WOW Mark - imagine how much you'd do if you didn't have hardly any time!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

keavdog wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:44 pm Need a pic of all your rockets/rocket launchers all lined up!

Thank you John! John and Carlos, do you want all the Russian SAM's together? Or all of them including my British Bloodhound system? Do you want all the surface-to-surface missiles included; just the Russian surface-to-surface missiles with the SAMs, or all of them? That request could take up a lot of table space, and will require me to go through all my tubs to remove everything. After all, I have everything from Nebelwerfers and Stuka-zu-fus to the TOPOL mobile nuclear missile launcher.

Steve, I have been trying to slip model work in between all other stuff, to be honest; I'm surprised I got this many done so far to date.

Thank you Stuart! Yeah, just imagine...... :whistle:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Mike!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”