Maddog Manufacturing 2023 Grand Reopening!

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2023 Grand Reopening!

Post by Brandons_Iron »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:02 pm
Medicman71 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:40 am

Naval Aircraft
:bored:
:giggles:
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Stuka mit Schwanzhaken und die Faltflügel
Bf-109 mit Schwanzhaken und die Faltflügel
FW-190 mit Schwanzhaken und die Faltflügel
Me-262 mit riesigem Schwanzhaken und die Faltflügel

Starting to sound like their armor
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh arent ya'll off the meds... :lol:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:07 pm Oh arent ya'll off the meds... :lol:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:02 pm
Medicman71 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:40 am

Naval Aircraft
:bored:
Well you asked. :giggles:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Blacksheep!
Brandons_Iron wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:52 pm What is it about clear sprue that makes them so brittle? I find they snap for the dumbest reasons. :headbang: At least you have something to do but you may run out so you better open another kit just in case. Keep it up. :shoutout:
Thank you Brandon! I would also love to know why clear parts break so easily too. I seriously believe I was not putting that much pressure on it! As for opening another box; that's not necessary; there are six other models I'm working on that I haven't shown yet. :lashed:
cbaltrin wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:16 pm Dang, and I thought I was the master of too many simultaneous in-progress builds ! Looks like you have your work cut out for you Duke!
Thank you cbaltrim! These are only about two thirds of the projects i have going on but yeah, especially when it comes to those big planes; I do have my work cut out for me!
Medicman71 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:54 am I wish I had that kinda production.

Hey Mark, how did you paint the deck on the Sacramento? I have the USS Missouri and it's painted close to the same thing, light grey vertical and dark grey on the horizontal surfaces.
Thank you Mike! I wish I could ramp it up a bit more myself! Your work is amazing enough that it is well worth the wait!

When it comes to painting the decks of any ship, My technique is this: I first of all I always leave off all the superstructure and any other large assemblies, they get installed after everything is painted (and in some cases decaled too). Then I shoot the darker grey (or blue or tan) on the decks. Afterward, I will shoot the lighter color on the superstructure, shooting from as low angle so that the spray goes up and away from the decks on the superstructure. If there's space to add masking on some of the larger sections of deck on the superstructure, I'll have them masked as well. This Tamiya tape is ideal for that. Remember the superstructure is still not attached to the hull. Some overspray does happen on the smallest of the decks, so I touch it up with a brush. As for the main hull, after shooting the deck I cover the deck wit tape; burnishing down the edges of the deck/hull and shoot the light grey on the sides of the hull. Once dry, I mask that off for the boot stripe, paint it, and then mask the boot stripe to shoot the hull red (or black) on the bottom. After everything is dry, I pull all masking and do any touch ups with a brush. All the small detail on the main decks is then brush painted with a small brush. Once that is done, the superstructure and any other large sub assemblies get attached to the hull and the ship is finished.
jeaton01 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:21 pm I was flying along one day and luckily had my camera ready when I passed this thing...

Well, actually the photo was taken by a friend of mine when the Concorde made a visit to Sacramento. It was a day when the fog was heavy close to the ground and obscured the landing gear. The darker shade on the middle right was an artifact of the cyclone fence he was standing on the wrong side of. He was kind enough to get it printed in a large format, the matting in the frame is 19 X 27 inside. I was in the area when the beast departed and I can verify that it could not come close to meeting stage 3 noise standards, let alone pass by unnoticed when supersonic. But is sure was fun to see it fly, I can still see it arcing off to the southeast. The photo is hanging on the wall above my display cases.

That is so awesome! Thank you for posting that John! I've always wanted to see one of those Concordes fly and even fly on one if possible but that was never going to happen. You are one lucky guy!
keavdog wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:29 pm Stuka mit Schwanzhaken und die Faltflügel
Bf-109 mit Schwanzhaken und die Faltflügel
FW-190 mit Schwanzhaken und die Faltflügel
Me-262 mit riesigem Schwanzhaken und die Faltflügel

Starting to sound like their armor
That does sound about right. Although I think the initial deployments would have had only the first three aircraft until they worked out the bugs with the Me-262 in a naval capacity.
Stikpusher wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:43 pm
BlackSheep214 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:07 pm Oh arent ya'll off the meds... :lol:
Man I wish I could've forgotten to take mine! Thank you guys for making this Thread so fun! This is the most activity I've gotten on this thread on every Forum I frequent; man this Forum Rocks!

Thanks again guys! Stay tuned, more to come!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well... we are a forum filled with a bunch of misfits, jabberers, and crazies.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Hey! I resemble that remark!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

OK, OK, Mike. Should mention troublemakers too. Feel better? :lol:

Return to “Member's Gallery”