Guidelines

Fugitaboudit!
LyleW
Admin

Guidelines

Post by LyleW »

Godfather: Don Carlos AKA Don Stikpusher

The Godfather's rules:

"Well, going back to the roots, it as build two original mold Monogram kits within a six month timespan. Both have to be new starts. Straight OOB, or as much aftermarket as the builder wants. Any scale or type will, do, but the kits had to be original Monogram, not one of the later merger or acquisition molds. Later it was expanded to include Revell as well. But then they got to mold swapping with Hasegawa and such, and diluted the bloodline. So if we go for a new start here, we go back to the roots- original Monogram molds, pre merger, so roughly 1986 and older. Newer boxings of original molds are ok. If there is a question about a kit’s pedigree, Scalemates will be the arbiter."

Capiche?

The Godfather will assigh the MADE designation and will rule on any disputes over the inclusion of a kit.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: Guildlines

Post by Stikpusher »

Example of a question- 1/48 F-15? The 1979 original pre merger F-15A, or subsequent repops as a F-15C are okay. It’s still the same basic kit with a new few parts added. The F-15E Strike Eagle is not, as it is a post merger, all new tool kit. Nothing in common parts wise with the older kits.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Guidelines

Post by Gary Brantley »

"Straight OOB, or as much aftermarket as the builder wants"

Okay, what are the parameters regarding any scratch work, if AM is allowed? Are participants allowed additions such as brake lines, gun barrel replacement, radio aerials, etc?

Thanks for any clarification here. :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You can add as much as you want. Or nothing at all. Builders discretion. Two original tool pre merger Monogram kits built within a six month timespan - no more, no less. Add or change as little or as much as you like.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Hi Carlos,

What's the history of their 1/32 Military kits? Do they fit the bill or are they post merger?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart, I presume that you are asking about their 1/32 tanks, and related vehicles like in the Sheperd Paine dioramas? Yes, those are all pre merger, and I don’t believe that any were new tooled after the mid 70’s. So they certainly qualify for building here. Although most have been reissued multiple times since they first came onto the market.

http://sheperdpaine.atspace.com/

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Ok, I need clarification, about 2 min ago it came to my attention that revell re-issued The 1/48 monogram P-51B (with the pro modeler mods) including some sweet decals for Lucky Leaky of the 353rd FG. Does this kit qualify? Seems like it would according to scalemater..
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell- ... ng--186892
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, it qualifies. Just like all of the other Pro Modeler re issues of other pre merger kits such as the B-17, B-24, B-25, P-39, Do-335. Post merger Pro Modeler retools such as the P-40E, mold swaps from Hasegawa such as the P-38G, or new issue kits such as the F-84G or PBY-5A do not qualify.

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Just a thought, Is it possible to have some sort of a 'wall' or 'gallery' for completed builds? I just want to go to a thread where I can see all the builds at once, without a bunch of comments in between. The easiest way would be a new thread, where the first post would be continually edited with completed build photo's. People could reply until their hearts content with their comments and kudos, but the 1st post would be as far as you need to look to see the completions. I guess that's how GB's are set up on that 'other site' now that I think of it. It's just an idea. Maybe for the next GB it can be considered.
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Good idea! Usually there is a post reserved for the completed builds at the top of the thread on the site that shall not be named… :giggles:

FLSM

Return to “Monogram Mafia”