F-105D Billy Sparks - Every Man A Tiger FINISHED

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Re: F-105D Billy Sparks - Every Man A Tiger

Post by TheMongoose »

The wife and i looked at the bottle this morning and went, dang that must have been too smooth!
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

:lol: Feelin' alright? :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

TheMongoose wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:09 pm The wife and i looked at the bottle this morning and went, dang that must have been too smooth!
Some of the best stuff out there! Their distillery is about 35 miles from my house. The Japanese have bought it and several others in KY. They did a massive redesign of the entrance, welcome center, gift shop area, etc. Nice, BUT it ruined the whole character of what the place was in years pst. Just not the same. The booze is still good, you can still dip your own bottle and they sell shine.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

That's some great Whiskey!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Today saw the transformation of Sylvester the cat to a TIGER! I am most happy with it from this distance… Which I think is perfect for how they’re gonna view it in the museum

Up close not bad…
I see a scratch there I’ll have to fix. The vallejo is a little sensitive till it’s clear coated. Easy repair tho since i can brush paint it out of the bottle. If they keep this quality up i’ll be going back to the pure acrylics.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looks like Sylvester was on both sides of the rear fuselage…

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

That's a great couple of pics. I don't have the top one but I had found the bottom one in Planes Names and Dames Vol III. I did the Tiger on both sides so all good there. the 1/48th scale set of decals has some good call-outs on it. That top pic confirms our earlier discussion about the stars and bars on the underside of the wing as well. 1st photo evidence I've seen on that element! I see the red warning lines on the aft engine section of the fuselage are in different places. I think it ends up depending on a specific point in time as to where they are located since now I've seen them in 2 places. Some of the warning decals on the sheet I can't see any evidence of in pics so I have to decide how to handle those as well. My thinking right now is the guys who did the research found all they could at the time so should default to what's on the decal instructions.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking great!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Happy to provide one more reference. It’s pretty rare to get one side of a particular aircraft. Getting both sides of an aircraft is rare and superb.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's looking superb!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”