Zombie Apocalypse and the AH-1Z Viper

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Re: Zombie Apocalypse and the AH-1Z Viper

Post by TheMongoose »

Getting as much done before the game today as i can. Kinda nice that it starts at 630. I finished up the black primer and did the gunmetal colors. Everything except the tail rotor is built.

This black is looking nice :grin: Blizzcon is coming up in February and they have a best Ohio subject award. I may redirect at this point and do my police helo as Ohio State Highway Patrol. Their colors are silver and black :hmm:
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Looking very nice!!
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

TheMongoose wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:36 pm
Brandons_Iron wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:49 am I have been trying to buy figures of all sizes, but most are from China and will take some time to arrive. My worry is China is in such turmoil that who knows what's gonna happen or if you'll ever get it. So, I'm just not ordering anything from them. Hopefully, now that 3D printing is really taking off we will see many more figures available for AC, armor and vehicles. I would love to see 1/24 1/25 figures for cars and trucks. Not much available right now that's not cartoony.
Good point. I’ve got to believe it will be so much easier in the future to get a figure. Once you draw it all up there’s no restrictions on printing or molding or casting. You just either make it available to everybody to just buy your file or you go ahead and do that printing for someone in order to keep the copyright essentially on your work. Thinking about this there’s no restriction on the scale anymore!
Have you looked at Redoak for figures? They've been doing a lot of modern pilots lately.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Yeah they have great figures! I'm debating if their modern helo pilot would be ok. I run into my own modelers syndrome wanting the exact pilot for the Viper. The helmet looks so different. Debating whether I could modify it to look good. If nothing else my AMS is saving me money :lol:
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Well I wandered off on a tangent after we all got into the speed enforced by aircraft threads! Here's where she is now...

oooh there's some pva glue to clean up on these hinges :wow: didn't see that with the mark I eyeball. Where's the calibration equipment :ballbat:

I used a pic of their existing helo and worked the striping to match the Viper, then added the checkerboard because it's so cool and brings in a bit of the original build idea. My next trip to North Carolina I'll have to bring the other one from my stash and start it.
My buddy suggested I try the new formula Vallejo metal paints. Wow they are much improved. They also passed the tape test...I used their black primer which I had previously thrown out because it would peel off in sheets! It's covered with MCW Clear Lacquer thinned 50% with Mr Color leveling Thinner. No issues between the lacquer and Vallejo acrylic paints ever with their stuff. I'm guessing it's not nearly as hot as some others.
Now on to the hellfire missiles. I've got an idea for some messages to put on them :ggun:
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Dude, that's awesome!! :shoutout:
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

What's not to like on a silver/black helicopter?
Tidy work on the demarcation lines, mate! They do make a difference.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

This is looking awesome. You hear 'Pull Over' from that guy you best pull over. Warning shots with FFARs and 20mm before the Hellfire is unleashed :ballbat: :giggles:

Hmmm.... I wonder how much interest a first responder aircraft GB might get.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Oh that's cool. That cockpit is awesome
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that looks awesome!!!

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault