Monogram Mafia Completed Builds

Fugitaboudit!
cbaltrin
Master Member

Re: Completed Builds

Post by cbaltrin »

jeaton01 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:29 pm Yeah, I was trying to get the same thing going here that Carlos started on FSM in about 1962. It will be easier to get through if people keep it down to maybe 3 of their favorite pictures.
Wait, 1962? :wow:
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Re: Completed Builds

Post by Stikpusher »

That’d be a neat trick. I wasn’t born for another few years 😉
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: Monogram Mafia Completed Builds

Post by jeaton01 »

Whippersnappers! I was suffering through my sophomore year of high school, and working full time in the family farming and well drilling business. And building models, of course.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And here we go with my first completion for this GB… :whistle: I got sidetracked a few times on other projects so this took a bit longer than anticipated.
This is a 2000 re issue of Monogram’s 1984 vintage F-84F Thunderstreak. I built it OOB, including using the kit decals, which gave me the only real problems with the kit. I used AK Real Color for the overall Aluminum and was very happy with that stuff. It handled masking great as well as clean up of enamel overspray using thinner with zero problems. Other NMF tones were done with Model Master Metalizer and Tamiya lacquers.

This boxing also includes a Mk.7 Nuclear bomb and a cart…

Thanks for looking. Comments and critiques are welcome as always 😉
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Love it! Well done. Cool flight line action as well
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks John! As far as the flightline action goes…

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/my_public ... 4256158263

Richard Bach wrote a good book about his adventures in Europe on nuke duty in the F-84F. Stranger to the Ground.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Excellent finish Carlos. Built that kit in my teens. Have the new Thunderbird version in the stash
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Great work Stik! Avery sharp looking F-84F! NMF looks wonderful and the base and extra diorama bits give some good context!
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!
jeaton01 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:31 am
Richard Bach wrote a good book about his adventures in Europe on nuke duty in the F-84F. Stranger to the Ground.
I would like to read that sometime. I remember in high school reading a book by a F-100 pilot, and one part that I still remember was about flying across the Atlantic ocean. I did came across some good articles online from Airman magazine regarding standing nuclear alert with this type.
tempestjohnny wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:47 am Excellent finish Carlos. Built that kit in my teens. Have the new Thunderbird version in the stash
This is the only 1/48 Thunderstruck that I've ever built. I did a small box scale one as a kid, but that probably had a dozen parts at most...
I have that new Thunderbirds kit in my stash as well now.
cbaltrin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:44 am Great work Stik! Avery sharp looking F-84F! NMF looks wonderful and the base and extra diorama bits give some good context!
The AK Aluminum was too shiny, so I put on a coat of Humbrol Satin to give it a proper sheen and tone it down a bit. I have some good finishing ideas now for my next MNF build, whatever it may be. I love adding the little flightline bits to give that look of real life. Now if I could find a nice 50's era 1/48 Security Police figure to stand guard...

FLSM

Return to “Monogram Mafia”