The Duke's Mafioso Contribution...

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Mafioso Contribution...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Indeed it is coming along nicely. May have to check ebay for those classic kits for my stash. I know they had thd Cord. But I'd kill to grab the Deusenberg SJ Speedster again.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Lyle! I finally found a brown for the fenders. Should be shooting soon, once I get my Hobby Room rebuilt...

Thank you Steve! I want to get a Deusenberg too; I had started one ages ago and sent the body off to someone who volunteered to paint it for me since my paint work was constantly crap. Never saw it again, nor heard from the guy. The rest of the kit was given away. Hopefully someday...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, here is the latest progress on my Monogram 1/24 scale Packard, a lot got done. The main fenders got their coat of gloss brown:

Since the fenders were being painted the dark brown, we also masked off the main body and shot the same brown trim on it:

A bit of a test fit later, we see how well this is gonna look....provided I don't screw it up first. You can also see that the seats had been painted leather.

The main hood over the engine had been giving us problems with the green base coat, but it finally went down smooth and the gloss coat as well. This was then masked off for the brown trim to be painted as well as some chrome bits molded in place:

Final result, better than expected:

You can see we started painting the chassis as well. More to come on this later.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking very sharp Mark!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Carlos! Time to move forward on this again....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice Mark!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This beastie has been causing so many problems. First off, the instructions say to place the engine cover on and then glue the radiator assembly on since the engine cover is supposed to come off to show the engine itself. After adding the fire wall, we did just that, making sure it would dry right with tape:

You can see it didn't quite make it. That is mostly because the engine cover itself wasn't seated properly. While it was drying, we added half of the parts to the rear of the car. Some parts were missing, so I just need to find them somewhere in the hobby room to finish this part:

Naturally I wanted to see how well the wheels lined up and touched the ground. What I found was disappointing to say the least. This rear wheel was so misaligned that the car looked like it was lifting the back wheel to water a fire hydrant! Our attempts to fix it resulted in a shattered leaf spring , some of which was re-glued on:

Then I thought we should build the canvas top, and found this issue when we did:

Look on the left and you'll see how warped this was. Just like everything else on this warped brittle model, it was one more thing that made me box this up and stick it back on the shelf for now.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

She’s fighting you Mark. But I know you’ve got this. :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sounds like you're having not a lot of fun with this one Mark.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes Carlos, she's fighting me bad! I will get it done. It won't be aqs good as I'd hoped it would be, but it will get done!'

No Stuart I'm not. It is truly annoying when you go one step forward and slide five steps backward! While gluing and taping the nose, three things from the steering and suspension fell off! When it rains, it pours....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”