1960 Chevy Fleetside AMT 1/25

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

1960 Chevy Fleetside AMT 1/25

Post by LyleW »

This one I got from a friend for $5.00..actually four kits for $20.00. . . so I guess that is five a kit. Nice kit. to me, the detail seems pretty good and the fit so far has been very good. Even to the point of me putting about two thirds of the front suspension on the wrong side of the chassis and it fit. Yes, I did finally wake up and move it. It fit even better.

Been plugging away on it for a few days. Just taking it easy and haveing fun while staring at the room to try and come up with new ways to organize the mess. More on that later. . . maybe.

Engine -

Dash, so far. There are pieces to cover up the really messy stuff. Waiting on MCW to fill my order and send the paint for the truck. I need some of the exterior color for the dash. I also need to know, 1) was there a long clear piece over the instruments or individual pieces over the gauges? and, 2) does anyone have a 1960 chevy fleetside decal that can be had?

Chassis

Floormats. The interior is an ivory for now, maybe a beige if the paints ever arrive.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 1960 Chevy Fleetside AMT 1/25

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking good, Lyle!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:19 pm Looking good, Lyle!
Thank you, Tom. Nice kit!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Looking good. I did one as a street machine. I need another to do stock.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

midnightprowler wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:58 pm Looking good. I did one as a street machine. I need another to do stock.
Thank you. I’d love to see what you could do with it!
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Damn Lyle - that's looking stellar! Keep it up and don't loose any parts :ballbat:
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:44 pm Damn Lyle - that's looking stellar! Keep it up and don't loose any parts :ballbat:
Thank you, John. So far, so good!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well crap..

This one is back in the box for a month or so. MCW hasn't responded to two emails on the status of my order. I called them this morning and they did answer. Told the guy that I was looking for a status on an order placed about 7-8 days ago. His response was, "Oh, you have another three weeks or more. We are processing March orders now."

They have moved from Ohio to North Carolina.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Life just moves at a more serene pace in Nawth Carolinah. :grin: I guess it's a Suthin' thang...
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

It does, that is for sure. It would have been nice to have been alerted to this OR answer emails. Anyway, nothing can be done about it. So, have a iced tea, some boiled peanuts, pet your dog and go on.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”