1960 Chevy Fleetside AMT 1/25

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: 1960 Chevy Fleetside AMT 1/25

Post by Gary Brantley »

Yes sir, a lil' bourbon and coca-cola goes good with those peanuts, after 5pm, of course. :wink: But, of course, it's always after five somewhere, isn't it? :grin:

Relax, and reload on another kit Lyle. You got the time! :lol:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Any more relaxed, I’d be comatose! Next one is started.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:21 am Well crap..

This one is back in the box for a month or so. MCW hasn't responded to two emails on the status of my order. I called them this morning and they did answer. Told the guy that I was looking for a status on an order placed about 7-8 days ago. His response was, "Oh, you have another three weeks or more. We are processing March orders now."

They have moved from Ohio to North Carolina.

I know how you feel. Between looking for replacement decals for the Fiat BR.20, canopy mask for another kit I've been working on, and needing a few colors for the Ki43-II "Oscar" - another kit I've been putzing around with, I can't get any motivation to go on.

Looks like my mojo is killing my mood to build for the time being. I might as well binge watch something on TV... :bored:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175574843870?h ... SwETxjxHL4

Found this, Lyle. We had a 1960 GMC pickup, a 62 Chevy 2 1/2 ton, and a 64 GMC 2 1/2 ton but I certainly couldn't remember what the dash looked like till I found the photo in the link.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, John. This is it! Now if i can just fit it in the dash....I will contact the seller and see if he will get me a straight on front picture.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

jeaton01 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:19 pm https://www.ebay.com/itm/175574843870?h ... SwETxjxHL4

Found this, Lyle. We had a 1960 GMC pickup, a 62 Chevy 2 1/2 ton, and a 64 GMC 2 1/2 ton but I certainly couldn't remember what the dash looked like till I found the photo in the link.
I sent this seller an email asking for a straight on picture....now, to reduce it and keep some clarity.

Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Man, that photo brings back some memories! Wow, I can almost smell the musty old cab of our truck. It also had a big ol' chromed spotlight mounted below the windshield pillar, with an operating handle inside. That was fun too! :grin:

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”