Too many deaths in my life...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Too many deaths in my life...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Thus far it has been a rough couple months. First a bro-in-law's mom passed away a few weeks ago and a close uncle (my dad's brother) passed away two days afterwards.

2 weeks later, a Dr. Richard Bremer who ran Central New York Hearing Consultants, now his son runs it since his dad's retirement - passed away. I took it hard because I've known him since I was 5 years old and he was a kind, patient man. He always made sure I was satisfied and happy with the right hearing aid over the years. A rarity nowadays. His son carried on his dad's demeanor and professionalism to this day.
I did stop by for a hearing aid oroblem and expressed my sympathy on the loss of his dad. Yes, I did give him a hug because he knew my history with his father through the years.

Today, I received the news of my cousin's mom had passed away this morning in Kentucky. She was involved in a terrible auto accident last Wednesday night. She was taken to UK Hospital in Lexington (Lyle would know where this hospital is). It was so bad, she had blood between her skull and brain that's putting a lot of pressure on her head. I was told it was not a brain bleed. They didnt want to risk surgery due to her advanced age and healh history and hoped it woild go away on its own. She was in ICU (she did wake up and talked to her family) and was later put in Hospice. Two days ago, her health took a turn for the worse and she had hours or days to live.

So Mike, I know what you're going through. Hell, we all know what it's like to lose a parent. Know this, you are on my mind and am sending prayers to you and your family. He's at peace but never far from you spiritually.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Too many deaths in my life...

Post by keavdog »

That's terrible Tom. Sorry to see so much sorrow here. I'm in the same boat but not ready to talk about it. Best wishes to all and value every day with your loved ones.
Thanks,
John
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Its amazing how we persevere through all this pain. Tom you will get through this. Time will heal. You will always have those good memories. Take care

John whatever it is we are here when you're ready
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

I've been going through this as well the last few years. The ones that really make me ponder things are the ones who were younger and better persons than me and the Lord called them home for some reason I cannot explain. Makes one re-evaluate their priorities for sure.
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

My Dad came from a large family, his Mother gave birth to 13 children and there were also many in the extended families on both sides of Dad's bunch. As a kid, it seemed like we always getting ready for one funeral or another. The Brantley's had a saying that I often heard stated, "The old must, and the young may." That seems somewhat fatalistic, but I guess it gave them a mechanism for dealing with reoccurring grief. :sad:

As William Muny said to the Schofield Kid in "Unforgiven", "We all got it comin', kid".
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Sorry for all your struggles. Will be praying for you.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Tom I’m sorry to hear of your losses. Life can hit us hard repeatedly at times. Find your inner strength and peace to carry on with your life.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Thank you all. These deaths all happened in two months time. Crazy….
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Not quite the same, but I lost 2 friends inside of 3 years, one to stage 4 lung cancer and the other to pancreatic cancer, now I've got a high school buddy fighting esophageal cancer. Not fun. Hope you are feeling a little better my friend.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Tom, I can't say I know how you feel; even though I've lost friends; they have not been family but I offer my condolences and prayers.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”