Hasegawa Set A and ESCI Ground Support sets

Post your completed aircraft here.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Hasegawa Set A and ESCI Ground Support sets

Post by jeaton01 »

This is a combination of one Hasegawa Set A of Ground Support Equipment and the ESCI Aircraft Support Group, both 1/48. I built these as fill in while other models had wait times, and because someday I hope to grow up and do something like a diorama. Or maybe a modest scene.

Apart from the decals the Hasegawa set was very nice. Twelve figures come with it, and I thought they were very well sculpted. I am not particularly happy with the flesh tones, but that's my fault. The two power supply carts and the fire extinguisher cart are the rest of the Hasegawa kit. They were all fun to build with no issues apart from the decals, which were dead and also of the old ivory white Hasegawa variety. Luckily this set is in Hasegawa's current catalogue and with a bit of difficulty I was able to get replacements from the Canadian distributor. Stevens International as usual was useless to deal with.

It took three sets of the ESCI kit to build the rest of the equipment. Only two of the tractors, two ladders, and two of the bomb loaders are there due to fragile and missing parts. There are also figures with the ESCI kit but they are rail thin and would look odd next to the Hasegawa figures. They might be suitable for WW II. The ESCI decals were very old but worked like champs. The bomb loader lift frames caused some head scratching as the drawings were not clear to me, but in the end I was able to get them right and they can be positioned any way I like. There were at least eleventy billion decals to put on, and 42 wheels to mask and paint.

Last edited by jeaton01 on Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: Hasegawa Set A and ESCI Ground Support sets

Post by tempestjohnny »

Very cool
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Way to persevere! Those are really nice!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Great stuff for posing with any of your 1/48 Cold War USAF aircraft builds John!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

So far the only cold war model I have is the F-101B, it was probably before the bomb loader and the Ford tractors came along. And also the Airfix B-57B in 1/48.

The Monogram kit. I did an article that was published in FSM when I built it. A friend who was a much better modeler than me made the base for it which I have, waiting for more jets. The B-4 stand and other stuff is from the old H-282 Revell F-102A kit. Those are woth stupid money now, but I'm not ready to sell my virgin kit. The F-102 kit was actually 1/49 scale and though I thought it was great as an 11 year old, it isn't really all that good for fit. Perhaps the plastic has shrunk.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Lots of great props for foto shoots
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well the solution is simple John. All you need are more Cold War USAF jets :giggles:

The Centuries thru the ’Teens aeries will do nicely… 😏
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool! I have some of that equipment as well that just needs to be painted. I also have the US Navy Deck Crew set.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Completed Builds”