Trumpeter 1/32 P-47D-11-RE Razorback "Eileen"

Post your completed aircraft here.
jkim
Elite Member

Trumpeter 1/32 P-47D-11-RE Razorback "Eileen"

Post by jkim »

This is my recently completed build of the 1/32 scale Trumpeter P-47D Razorback kit depicted as Lt. Frank Oiler's mount christened "Eileen" of the 78th Fighter Group of the 84th Fighter Squadron based at Duxford, England in 1944. The list of aftermarket items is relatively short:

1. Barracuda Studios P-47C/D Diamond Tread Main Wheels in resin
2. BarracudaCals P-47 Thunderbolts Part 1 Decals for the Eileen artwork and maintenance stencils
3. Montex P-47D Razorback (Trumpeter) Super Mask set for the engine cowling checkers
4. Yahu P-47 Early Instrument Panel
5. Eduard P-47D-20 Interior for Trumpeter

The majority of the major markings were painted using custom cut masks. The complete build can be found at:
https://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6471

Last edited by jkim on Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Trumpeter 1/32 P-47D-11-RE Razorback "Eileen"

Post by keavdog »

Outstanding John. Thanks so much for sharing your build with us. Who weathers bombs that much!!!! :bow:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Some more pics...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

keavdog wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:46 pm Outstanding John. Thanks so much for sharing your build with us. Who weathers bombs that much!!!! :bow:
Thank you and you're welcome John! I think I could've done a LITTLE MORE weathering on the bombs, now that I look at em! :hmm:
John aka JKim
-----------<><
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Lovely, John! It was fun to watch it come together.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

John, you are truly a master of this medium! I again say that this is your best work yet.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I agree with Stik. You've figured out how to tame a mound of plastic in a museum quality way. This is definitely one of your best yet :bow:
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

John, that is a beautiful scale model! :shoutout: You really did some incredible work on it and its new owner should be mighty pleased! :grin:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

John. I am in awe of following this grand old iconic bird come together from start to finish. You are truly a master in 1/32 scale kits, no matter the subject. I may not post responses often but rest assure, I have no words but deep admiration in watching this or any subject come together.

I often try to follow your method in building/weathering but sometimes I feel it's not as good as yours. But I do learn to keep trying.

Bravo, John on another build. It's always a joy to watch.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

jeaton01 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:42 pm Lovely, John! It was fun to watch it come together.
Thanks John! It was a fun build! Thankfully, this kit is one of Trumpeter's better efforts.

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:25 pm John, you are truly a master of this medium! I again say that this is your best work yet.
Thank you Carlos! I'm glad you like the result! I appreciate the compliments but I think I have a long way to go when it comes to modeling. But it's an enjoying and relaxing hobby for me and I enjoy sharing the journey with others.

tempestjohnny wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:00 am I agree with Stik. You've figured out how to tame a mound of plastic in a museum quality way. This is definitely one of your best yet :bow:
Thanks Johnny! Appreciate the comments!

Gary Brantley wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:21 am John, that is a beautiful scale model! :shoutout: You really did some incredible work on it and its new owner should be mighty pleased! :grin:
Thanks Gary! I incorporated a lot of posing options on this one. Engine/Cowling/Prop are removable. The canopy is posable. And the bombs and bomb racks are removal as well.

BlackSheep214 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:15 pm John. I am in awe of following this grand old iconic bird come together from start to finish. You are truly a master in 1/32 scale kits, no matter the subject. I may not post responses often but rest assure, I have no words but deep admiration in watching this or any subject come together.

I often try to follow your method in building/weathering but sometimes I feel it's not as good as yours. But I do learn to keep trying.

Bravo, John on another build. It's always a joy to watch.
Thank you so much, Tom! We all keep learning and trying... that's always the goal! Like I've always said, I don't think I'm anything special when it comes to model building, especially when I compare my work to others. But I really enjoy it. And I think that is the most important thing... having a passion for it. And yup... on to the next one!
John aka JKim
-----------<><

Return to “Completed Builds”