Das Boot

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: Das Boot

Post by jeaton01 »

Nice stuff!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I love it! Each figure is so superbly painted!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Can't wait to see the entire display!
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Those are so well done.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Snow fly is here today, so I'm hoping for more bunker time. Almost got it all done :mrgreen:
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Snow fly? Is that any relation to Super Fly? :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Depends on which one...

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m kinda partial to the 70’s Super Fly myself 😉

FLSM
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Welllll,..............not exactly, lol. But I will say this, is bloomin cold outside, HA!

SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Fritz Completes the Crew

Well, for an SBS, I’m seriously lacking in-progress photos, but I am happy to say all the figures have been completed and they are ready for mounting on the deck. This has been a long slog, but that light at the end of the tunnel, happily, was not a train coming from other direction, we are done. HA!

Fritz had a few uniform differences from the rest of the crew, so attention had to be paid to a few items specifically, namely the cap, life jacket and legging. I know most reference photos will show a darker, more towards the black shade for Fritz’s jacket, but I wanted to keep the tones similar. Artistic license takes precedence in this case. I’m pretty happy with his final appearance regardless of the shades not exactly being accurate. But hey, call it shimmering glare from the ocean reflection, right? Sounds good to me.

Image Image

Image Image

So far, to date, this is the fastest turnaround for a set of figures completed, ever. I don’t ever recall getting a set done so quickly, but I’m happy with the final results and thanks for following along.

In Conclusion

The poses and action portrayed by this set of figures is incredibly well done. Jeff Shiu has a knack for creating realistic scenarios and figure interactions with great effect. However, in all honesty, this has been a difficult set to work with. This set required much more than the average amount of filing, reshaping, as well as scribing-in important details. I did make quite a few corrections and some minor alterations, which became frustrating, and delayed the build.

I am happy to find that Jeff has taken the concerned complaints to heart and has recently addressed these issues with his latest release. Quality control appears to be back in order, from sculpting to casting, and I look forward to seeing what other adventures Jeff will take us into. Sculpting is an art form I could never attempt to venture into and we as painters appreciate all these guys and gals who work the putty to make us happy. Kudos to them all!

Thanks for watchin. Cheers, Ski.

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”