Stalin's Sledgehammer, 1/35 B4 203mm Howitzer

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Stikpusher

Stalin's Sledgehammer, 1/35 B4 203mm Howitzer

Post by Stikpusher »

I built this for a So.Cal. AMPS 12 Hour Build Challenge, and just completed this, right at the 12 hour mark. There is a bit more I would like to have done, but with all the clean up needing to be done on this beast during construction, this was as good as I could do within the time allotted. To put it nicely, this kit is not for the faint of heart, modeling skills required. I built it OOB, painted it with Tamiya lacquers, and weathered with Tamiya acrylics. It looks fair enough from 2-3 feet away, but up close the time constraints show...

Thanks for looking
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Stalin's Sledgehammer, 1/35 B4 203mm Howitzer

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Very nicely done, Carlos.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Tom. I’m liking the end result for the most part.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice job and in 12 hours! Mean looking weapon.
Thanks,
John
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Clank clank clack KaBoom! Looks, nasty, but nice, Carlos.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Very nice work for twelve hours, Carlos! :shoutout: I takes me that long just to get a good start made. :lol:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! Way better than I could do in 12 hrs.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!
keavdog wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:12 pm Nice job and in 12 hours! Mean looking weapon.
Yeah John, it is one mean looking gun on that tracked carriage! Much more intimidating than simple wheels…
jeaton01 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:54 pm Clank clank clack KaBoom! Looks, nasty, but nice, Carlos.
That it does John! I need to find the tractor prime mover next.
Gary Brantley wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:40 am Very nice work for twelve hours, Carlos! :shoutout: I takes me that long just to get a good start made. :lol:
Normally it does for me too Gary. I was really wondering if I could pull it off within the time limit.
Medicman71 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:01 am Very nice! Way better than I could do in 12 hrs.
Mike, I bet you could build something nice within 12 hours, especially when broken down into three four hour sessions.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Once again you pull off another masterpiece in only twelve hours! Even more astounding as it's such a short run kit! Way to go Carlos!

I'm hoping to be on the next AMPS Zoom meeting,l hopefully we'll see each other then.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. The next meeting is day after tomorrow… I’ll be there, “God willing and the river don’t rise” as John Wayne put it.:wink:

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”