Takom M3, Comrade General Lee

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
cbaltrin
Master Member

Re: Takom M3 Lee

Post by cbaltrin »

Carlos, that looks very nice. Really did a good job making a one color scheme interesting. You really brought out all the detail very well! :bow:
Great photography as well!
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Re: Takom M3 Lee

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Gary. It was a fun little quick project.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Re: Takom M3, Comrade General Lee

Post by Glamdring »

That is a great looking build!

Glad to know there are builders who may finish off my kits that I have that fall in this category. ie started, got bored, ended up in the storage bin of doom.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, as long as you don’t cut all your parts off of the sprues and leave them unidentifiable in the box, somebody can build them. For some reason, there are folks who do just that, then wonder why nobody wants to buy the kit.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Nah, I only clip off parts as needed. It would confuse me otherwise.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Right?! Same goes for me! Why would anybody cut all the parts and leave them free floating in the box, or even stored in little containers? In my mind that only greatly increases the chances of parts getting lost.

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

No kit's left behind! You and your comrades from the club followed that rule with bravery.
That's a build with a touching background story and I'm sure he'd be proud seeing his work done and finished with style. Well done, Carlos!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Torben. No kit left behind indeed! I do hope that he can see all of the work that our little crew has completed and sent off in his name to the nationals.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Final report on our entry at the Nationals, we took third place in the Chapter/Group Entry category

The photo and bio for the dedication of our project is on the center.

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Congratulations! Great tribute.
Thanks,
John

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”