1/72 Dragon M3A2 Bradley

Glamdring
Advanced Member

1/72 Dragon M3A2 Bradley

Post by Glamdring »

Had a couple days off last week, and I thought I could finally get around to my OIF anniversary project...even though Baghdad fell a few months ago.

This was after evening 1:

And evening 2:

That is were it stands as of now. Hope to finish it off this weekend....but hopes and dreams are free....
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Stikpusher

Re: 1/72 Dragon M3A2 Bradley

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice kit choice! My Bradley keeps getting sidelined due to my MADD.. modeler’s attention deficit disorder… a new project always grabs my attention… :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

I know the feeling, I just need to break this rut and get something done, and a 1/72 Dragon armor kit usually a good way for be to build some momentum. I have only finished 4 projects so far this year....Well behind my usual schedule.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Day 3's work saw construction complete, other than the roadwheels and the PE armored windows around the commander's hatch. Still trying to figure that very small assembly out.

Next up is paint.
aka Robert

cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Looks great Robert, Appears like quite a bit of detail there considering the scale!.
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Gotta love a quick build to recharge with! I can’t wait to see how you do with the painting on it.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

As usual with me, quick is a relative term.

Got a base coat down and some details blocked in:

aka Robert

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Looking good!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nice work!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

This has been sitting in the finished box for a while, finally got around to taking the pictures. Better late than never...

It really was a nice and quick build, as with most 1/72 Dragon armor kits I have built over the years. The only thing I hate is painting the molded on tools, I especially hate the cable but I am not going to stress on it since it'll face the wall.

Look forward to the next Dragon one in the new year.
aka Robert

Return to “Operation Iraqi Freedom GB”