GB Ideas for 2024?

Organize a group build and see who is wanting to participate here.
Stikpusher

Re: GB Ideas for 2024?

Post by Stikpusher »

Jeeves wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:44 am I'm more of a lurker these days as I'm in a big slump but battling my way out of it. This year is the 80th anniversary of the D-Day Invasion and the Bulge...I'm starting a Bulge GB with my local AMPS chapter...those are possibilities.
The Bulge and D-Day are both great ideas for a GB subject area, but perhaps something a bit bigger such as 1944 80 year anniversary GB on here? So many subject areas to choose from in addition to D-Day and the Ardennes. Big Week for the Air War over Europe, Anzio or the Fall of Rome in Italy, Bagration on the Eastern Front, The Marianas Turkey Shoot & Battle of Leyte Gulf in the Central Pacific, Impahl/Kohima in the CBI theater, the first B-29 raids on Japan… for WWII subjects, 1944 is a gold mine way beyond the few areas that I mentioned…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

:P1: Big Week and Turkey Shoot came right to my mind as well. But, I'm cool with anything.
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I still like the fixed wing, fixed gear idea. Maybe put some parameters around it like 1930 forward.
80th anniversary sounds pretty cool as well - lots of subjects
Thanks,
John
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

I don't think I can do fixed gear... well I do have the Testors PT-20 but not sure I'm ever gona build it.. On wait, do floats count as fixed gear?
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Floats count.
I've got a storch, stuka, val, swordfish, and floats - arado, kingfisher.
I suppose some flying boats would count as well but not something like a PBY-5A, PBY-4 okay.
Just a thought I've had for a GB for some time.
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'm game for that GB...
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Well I'm running a C-130 GB on another forum over Feb and March if anyone want's to join in :grin: But other than that I'm planning on pulling away from GB's a bit as my finish rate is appalling.

That being said, if you fancied something different, how about jumping over to this side of the pond and having a 'Best of British' GB, any scale, any subject, any era, just as long as it was made in Britian.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I like the idea of that... love British modeling subjects... Perhaps a "God Save the King" or "Rule Britannia" title :wink:

Sort of a counterpoint to the Empire of the Rising Sun GB currently happening.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Stuart wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:42 pm how about jumping over to this side of the pond and having a 'Best of British' GB, any scale, any subject, any era, just as long as it was made in Britian.
Stuart, I have absolutely no idea what would qualify for such a group build... :whistle: :lashed: :tease: :rofl:

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Hmm I think I may have such subjects in my stash

Return to “Group Build Feeler”