Spraying Vallejo paints?

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: Spraying Vallejo paints?

Post by Stikpusher »

Happy to help Gary. At $.99 an egg at most of the “bargain” stores, Silly Putty is an excellent deal. No residue, and low tack… I’ve become a Silly Putty convert.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I've always had good results spraying model air and model colour (little thinner used). Stuff is easy to clean and using a top coat on it never hurts
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks for all the input, my friends! Well, I've gone whole hog into that Vallejo stuff now, ordered all sorts of stuff like flow improver, thinner and some white Vallejo primer, along with their AB cleaner. And, all three Vallejo camo colors came in the mail earlier. I'd better get on with these Vallejo products now with this much invested! :grin: Now, if I could just get the decal sheet I need-it's as rare as hens teeth (wouldn't that figure! :wink: ) apparently.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Best of luck to you Gary on working with Vallejo paints.

Just curious, but what decal sheet are you looking for?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thank you, Carlos! Sailin' into uncharted waters for sure! This is the one I need:

https://modelingmadness.com/scott/decals/isra/id73.htm
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:48 pm Best of luck to you Gary on working with Vallejo paints.

Just curious, but what decal sheet are you looking for?
Luck? Gary's going to have to make a sacrifice to the modelling gods. I hate Vallejo paints for spraying. Never got them to work right.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Like this? :grin: I was cutting parts off sprues when the chainsaw got away from me... :whistle:

Return to “Modeling Discussion”