On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: Latest Acquesitions - pt.3

Post by tempestjohnny »

cbaltrin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:42 pm Just arrived yesterday. Just got it setup and calibrated.
Bambu Labs A1 Mini filament printer...
Unfortunately, filament did not arrive yet!
Plan on using it for prototyping resin parts and creating assembly jigs and other non detail items, although I may be able to use it for some actual detail parts depending on the situation..

I've heard good things about these. Also Prusa printers
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Just picked up these on eBay

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice scores! I almost bought the Dutch “Diana” set a few years ago. The Belgian Tiger Meet, ‘94 is a cool scheme too. I’ve never seen the Tuskegee Commemorative tail version before. That looks really nice - definitely something I would have done. Makos and Green Mountain Boys of Vermont are classics. Fantastic Viper decal sets all around. Well done, Johnny! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I ordered some Ammo of MiG Shaders. This is the "Cool Colors" set. Basically different shades of grey. If these work out well I'll have to get more.

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Medicman71 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:00 am I ordered some Ammo of MiG Shaders. This is the "Cool Colors" set. Basically different shades of grey. If these work out well I'll have to get more.

Interesting. I'm curious how they are.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well I've been nickel and diming acquisitions since my last update here, and now I've picked up enough worth of an update post...

for my 1/35 armor stash I have picked up the following items:

some ESCI decals for US & Brit AFVs, some Panda Plastics T49 & WE-210 tracks for Shermans, a Verlinden US OIF era AFV crew figure set

for my 1/48 aircraft & 1/35 helos I have picked up:

a Falcon Clear Vax IJAAf canopy set, a monte mask set for a Ki-45, and lastly some detail goodies for the HH-60 that I picked up last month... thats all for now...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I picked up one of those reskit rotor head kits for my 1/72 ch-53e and its a beauty of an addition.

I've never seen those canopy sets - pretty cool.
Thanks,
John
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Stikpusher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:07 pm Well I've been nickel and diming acquisitions since my last update here, and now I've picked up enough worth of an update post...
How old are those ESCI decals Carlos? What is your experience with ESCI decals? I have one of their aircraft sheets that I might use in the future..
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

cbaltrin wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:08 pm
Stikpusher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:07 pm Well I've been nickel and diming acquisitions since my last update here, and now I've picked up enough worth of an update post...
How old are those ESCI decals Carlos? What is your experience with ESCI decals? I have one of their aircraft sheets that I might use in the future..
In all honesty, I have no idea how old these ESCI decals are. However, my few experiences with ESCI decals, mostly from older kits, have been good. And these are sealed in the plastic wrap, so I'm hopeful in that respect. All I can suggest is to have Micro Scale liquid decal film handy, and test out decals on the sheet that you do not plan to use first to see if the sheet is still viable.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”