So, how many

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

So, how many

Post by LyleW »

Containers of paint is too much?

To give myself the illusion of doing something and try to bring some semblance or knowing what I have, I have been taking an inventory of the paints (thinners, setting solutions, etc. as well) I have. I’ve bought some Avery labels (1” and 3/4”) and will use their app to print them. You can buy them in sheets that feed through a printer.

I’m not done. Putting it in Access so I can dump it for printing. I have well over 300 bottles of paint. Model Master? About 125 or more, Tamiya? One fifty or so. Also some Hataka, Mission Models, True North, Mr. Hobby, 40-ish Testors square bottles, AK, Alclad, craft paint and on and on.

I’m gonna need a bigger boat.

Oh probably 40-50 rattle cans.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: So, how many

Post by Stikpusher »

At my work bench counter on the right:
Humbrol enamels… along with Xtracolor and Revell tins, one big drawer
Next drawer down- Tamiya lacquer, AK Real Color, Gunze Mr Hobby & Mr Color, Humbrol Acrylic, Vallejo Model Air, a few other odds & ends acrylics
Next drawer down- Model Master, Floquil, Aeromaster, and Testors enamels
Bottom drawer- Model Master Acrylics, Polly Scale & Polly S, Aeromaster Acrylics

In a different place, Tamiya Acrylics… in another all those damn squeeze dropper bottle acrylics- Vallejo Model Color, AK, etc.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I never counted. I keep the frequently used stuff on the bench and three of the drawers in the cart to the left are full of other paints. Mostly testors, tamiya - some humbrol and MRP and of late Revell email? paint and ever expanding Mr Color (my go to since Model master went away).
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:58 pm At my work bench counter on the right:
Humbrol enamels… along with Xtracolor and Revell tins, one big drawer
Next drawer down- Tamiya lacquer, AK Real Color, Gunze Mr Hobby & Mr Color, Humbrol Acrylic, Vallejo Model Air, a few other odds & ends acrylics
Next drawer down- Model Master, Floquil, Aeromaster, and Testors enamels
Bottom drawer- Model Master Acrylics, Polly Scale & Polly S, Aeromaster Acrylics

In a different place, Tamiya Acrylics… in another all those damn squeeze dropper bottle acrylics- Vallejo Model Color, AK, etc.
That is sort of my plan. To at least get same stuff in the same place. We will see.

Sounds like I’m in good company. A bit on the light side, though.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

On the wall- AK Real Colors, Ammo and AK weathering products

On the bench- Vallejo Air, Vallejo Metal Colors, Hataka, Ammo, AK, AK Xtreme Metals, Alclad, Stynylrez primers.

Not shown- Tamiya paints

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:09 pm I never counted. I keep the frequently used stuff on the bench and three of the drawers in the cart to the left are full of other paints. Mostly testors, tamiya - some humbrol and MRP and of late Revell email? paint and ever expanding Mr Color (my go to since Model master went away).
I have a home made rack that I think will hold the frequently used stuff and perhaps items for the current project.

Nice bench!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

What I have:

Testors enamels - small square bottles
Model Master enamels
Model Master acrylics
Tamiya acrylics and a couple of their lacquer color li e
Pollyscale acrylics I acquired from Rex
Pollyscale Railroad colors - also from Rex
A couple tins of Humbrol enamels
AK Interactive Rwal Colors - at least 4 or 5
Vallejo Model Color
Gunze/Mr. Color
Akan acrylics - 2 bottles
One. Single. Bottle. of Pactra Dark blue. Yeah it's still good after all these years.

But who's counting....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:14 pm On the wall- AK Real Colors, Ammo and AK weathering products

On the bench- Vallejo Air, Vallejo Metal Colors, Hataka, Ammo, AK, AK Xtreme Metals, Alclad, Stynylrez primers.

Not shown- Tamiya paints

I really like that setup.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

You guys call yourself model builders with clean organized benches like those? :giggles: :whistle: :tease: :lol: :mrgreen:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Mine looks like the aftermath of an earthquake……

Return to “Free Discussion”