Workbench 2.383621-E

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
LyleW
Admin

Workbench 2.383621-E

Post by LyleW »

Well, after much crawing on the floor to disassemble the old work station, and shoe-horning the 6' table into place, I am at a point that I can do a bit of work on kits. I have three (yes, three) stacks of SOD stuff. The one in the desk is most likely to be completed, the one under the printers is next and the one on the shelfs is, well, in question. But they are in boxes, and off the floor, etc.

The new arrangement is a lot like the old one except that I now have a deeper work table, a longer work table and pretty much everything off the floor. I moved the spray booth as well. It is now in front of a closet that isn't used (Should the loo above it over flow, well, you can guess what happens).

Stil some work to do, but I'm tired of schleppng stuff around. I've thrown out a LOT of stuff. Here are some pictures.

A rare before image of the work space being clean. About an 18" x 18" work space.

what I've been climbing over and around

IThere is so much more room to move around just by rearranging the furniture and shelving. Still not sure about a few things, but for now it is okay and I'll keep after it.

Added and moved some shelving. Still have one in the box.

With the new table in place

"In process" as it were. The crap on the floor was really there and not just due to re-doing stuff. This is where the spray booth ended up.

Pretty much cone...

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Workbench 2.383621-E

Post by Gary Brantley »

I like it! That looks pretty efficient to me, Lyle, and a big improvement over your previous arrangement. Now, watch your productivity shoot way up! :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you Gary. I hope it helps. I have come way too close of simply hanging things up lately. I'm hitting walls that I never used to hit. I hope this diversion helps. A spffy new desk light should be here to day from Neatfi. Still need something more over by the spray booth. The dummy that designed the room didn't plan for any lighting in that area.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice! The only thing I really wanted to add to my bench is my dad's old PC. Too old for wireless hookup. Just don't have the know-how in running an internet cable line for the PC.

If and when I decide to buy a newer PC, I can use my current pne upstairs in my son's room for wireless hookup. Then again, a decent laptop may be in the works. Who knows.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s a nice looking work area setup you have going there Lyle!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool! Glad you got it organized and rearranged. Model on bro!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

One thing Lyle needs is a nice magnifying lamp. They’re not too expensive - $40 at Harbor Freight.

I wish I had that much space for my workbench. Those are prime real estate you got there, Lyle!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, guys.

Tom, I have a small magnifier lamp. May have to check out the HF offering. Behind the wall with the shelves is the walkout door, so I could not go further ot I would have, I think the room is 12 by 20 or something like that. We had the luxury of having an unfinished basement to work with.

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”