Point Du Hoc

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Re: Point Du Hoc

Post by SteveSki »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:40 am Image

:whistle:

:wink:
I thought you "were" my mother, HA! :giggles:
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Finalizing the Figures

Capt. Walt, SSgt. Bruce, and Cpl. Luke are just about ready to be mounted on the cliff. The figures have been completed minus some touch-ups on the brass and anything else that I might have missed. This has been a fun set to work with from start to finish. These figures are really well sculpted and that always makes for a fun build.

I’m really getting a kick out of Cpl. Luke’s facial expression, he’s looking a bit nervous, HA! Don’t worry, Luke, Sarge won’t let ya down, he’s always got your back!

The cliff section is in the painting process right now and will be mounted on a nice wood base stained and lacquered. We are almost done with this fine vignette.

Final pics will be posted soon and thanks for following along, it’s been a fun build.

Cheers, Ski.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looking good!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

They look really good Ski! Not too much farther to go now. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Not to take anything away of your awesome painting skills but the expressions and poses remind me of some of the comic books I read as a kid - kinda like Sgt Rock. More about the sculptor than your skills - and sooooo very cool.
Thanks,
John
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Good morning, Gents, thanks for the kind words.
keavdog wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:13 pm Not to take anything away of your awesome painting skills but the expressions and poses remind me of some of the comic books I read as a kid - kinda like Sgt Rock. More about the sculptor than your skills - and sooooo very cool.
I would have to agree with that assessment, the expressions are pretty dramatic, lol. Sometimes an overly expressive face can actually cause me trouble and I can usually wrangle them into submission, but not always.

SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

RM1602, US Rangers, Point Du Hoc, vignette from Reedees Miniatures in 1/16th scale. These resin figures and base were created and sculpted by Steve Reedees. This set can be found at: https://sites.google.com/site/reedeesmi ... /116-120mm

All three resin figures were painted in oils over an acrylic base. The sculpting is superb in detail and required minimal clean-up. This set was another, among many from Reedee’s Miniatures, that was just a lot of fun to paint.

Image Image

Cheers, Ski.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

A great finish on this one Ski! Your paint work really brings out the intensity of the moment with these figures.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Thank you, Carlos, and thanks for the constant encouragement along the way, Brother!

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Great job Steve! Such a great action scene
Thanks,
John

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”