Ouch! Sorry to hear that Tom!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Empire of the Rising Sun Group Build

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Good news.. the Tamiya replacement wings came in the mail today. :yipee:

I’ll resume it after the Viper kit I’m working on is finished.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Tamiya's customer support is the best!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well I finally have some updates worth posting... painting has begun... at least for the interior

Basic parts ready for paint...

then last night I laid down a base of Tamiya Lacquer Flat Aluminum on all the interior areas, plus Tamiya Lacquer Light Gun Metal on the engine

I let that dry overnight, then this morning I airbrushed on a coat of Gunze Aqueous Aotake over the Aluminum areas

after I let that dry I masked off the cockpit areas for the next color, and also added a PE seat belt

Then a short while ago I airbrushed a coat of Tamiya Cockpit Green in the cockpit area. I also painted the engine crankcase in Vallejo Game Color Cool Gray, and painted up a pair of machine guns from my spare bin that I will be adding, as their butts should be visible to the sides of the instrument panel top, like on a P-40B/C, or Zero.

more to come in a day or two...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Nice paint work on your Oscar Stik! Very clean!
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:25 pm Well I finally have some updates worth posting... painting has begun... at least for the interior

Basic parts ready for paint...

then last night I laid down a base of Tamiya Lacquer Flat Aluminum on all the interior areas, plus Tamiya Lacquer Light Gun Metal on the engine

I let that dry overnight, then this morning I airbrushed on a coat of Gunze Aqueous Aotake over the Aluminum areas

after I let that dry I masked off the cockpit areas for the next color, and also added a PE seat belt

Then a short while ago I airbrushed a coat of Tamiya Cockpit Green in the cockpit area. I also painted the engine crankcase in Vallejo Game Color Cool Gray, and painted up a pair of machine guns from my spare bin that I will be adding, as their butts should be visible to the sides of the instrument panel top, like on a P-40B/C, or Zero.

more to come in a day or two...
You could get racing stripes and some fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror :lashed:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks like you're making good progress. Well done!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Tom and John, thank you. So far so good on this bird. Yesterday I took a good look at the canopy and it was in pretty rough shape… lots of imperfections and scratches, so I ordered up a new one as part of a Falcon vacuform set. Hopefully it should be here next week sometime…
:clockwatch:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

coming along. Look good.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Lots of photos on todays update, and a major milestone in construction…

Yesterday I got the cockpit base colors detail painting finished and the machine guns installed on the forward side of the IP.

This morning I did some final light weathering, and installed the Yahu IP items

Then I glued the fuselage halves together and let them dry… after an hour or so, I sanded the seam there smooth

That’s all for this week…. have a busy weekend ahead here, more updates to come next week….

FLSM

Return to “Member Group Builds”