FSM Forums

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Re: FSM Forums

Post by Glamdring »

The Corporate types calling the shots really don't understand the audiences of their individual magazines, and let's be honest, every recent change at FSM has made have alienated more and more the key demo that would be reading their rag. But s with most industries, the MBA's at Kalmbach seems to think the only way to survive is cut, cut cut the core product and make up the difference with overpriced web stores and special release "books"/magazines.

The web ads on the forum must be a decent passive revenue source, as that is the only reason I can come up with for its continued existence. The staff never puts any input into it anymore, except when someone posts one of the verboten topics...and those usually just disappear like a fart in the wind.

My favorite was last year a post about gun collections, and a usual suspect started flying off the handle about gun bans and mass shootings.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
LyleW
Admin

Re: FSM Forums

Post by LyleW »

Okay, some of the posts are getting periously close to our "no politics...etc" guidelines, I have b een asked to remind member s of that policy. Let us worry about building our little piece of the world and not the other forums.

I'm gone to close comments on this one.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Free Discussion”