Model Fiesta 42

Tell us about upcoming shows, contests and events. If you participate and get some recognition, tell us about it! Show pictures are welcome.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Model Fiesta 42

Post by Medicman71 »

Just wanted to see if anyone was going to Model Fiesta 42 in New Braunfels (San Antonio). I'm going for the first time......well really the second but the first time was right after I got back into the hobby and I wanted to check it out.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Model Fiesta 42

Post by keavdog »

Maybe Tanker-Builder from FSM. He lives there.
Thanks,
John
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

So I attended Model Fiesta 42 last Saturday. Cool show, but a little on the small side. That’s not the organizers fault though. It was still fun and met up with some friends and talked to a lot more. I entered four models but didn’t place. That’s ok with me, that’s really not why I go. A shoutout to Lionheart Hobbies for having the sanding sticks that I love using. Next show will be in May for Modelmania 2024, my home show.

Mike

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks like a nice little show to go to.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Your models are pretty damn good Mike, so the competition must have been quite tough! Do you know how many folks attended and how many entries were there?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Thanks guys!

I don't know Stik. I'll have to find out. It seemed like every category I entered had a TON of entries and they were REALLY good. I need to upload the images and share the link here. I'll do that today.
Mike

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I saw on Facebook there was a rejudge in one aircraft category. I guess judges discounted a guys P-51 because he had the gear doors at different levels of droop. They thought he messed up. When he confronted them, they told him the reason and he explained that's what happened when Mustangs shut down.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I think there's more to it than that. A friend of mine was head aircraft judge. Here's what he said.

A couple of things I want to add to this: Number 1, as a contestant, if you do something to your piece that might cause some consternation in judging, please make sure that you mention in your notes section. Not everyone is an expert on every aircraft and to think so is unrealistic, that is why you should give them the courtesy of pointing out “special” aspect so they make informed decisions. Number 2, as a judge, please be mindful of your negative comments. Comments were made about a judging issue we had and they were overheard by the contestant. As a judge you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just do everyone a favor and check your surroundings, better yet just let it go.
Mike

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Facebook is the bane of contests and IPMS. Only the guy with an axe to grind gets to vent, no rebuttal from those actually involved with the judging, and way too may folks take that gripe as gospel and the strap hangers all pile on...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That’s why I won’t open a Facebook account.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Shows, Contests and Recogition”