1/48 Revell F4U Corsair restoration

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

1/48 Revell F4U Corsair restoration

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hi all,
I have been picking away at this old corsair model I had lying in my graveyard. Going through some personal stuff and I found that detailing and fixing something was therapeutic. What I have done:

Added details to landing gear legs, although not really accurate it looks better than the sticks that were provided by Revell
Added surrounding walls to landing bay, including wiring and piping
Repainted and detailed cockpit, added seatbelts to the seat
Drilled out the exhaust vents on the underside of the wing, they were molded without openings
Opened grill on engine cowling
Added wiring to engine
Replaced molded guns with shrink tubing
Added engine exhausts to cowling using shrink tubing as well
I had to replace the broken prop with the only four bladed prop I could find, from a P-47. It doesn't look quite right, but oh well.

I don't know how to go about painting this again, as my airbrush is out of commission indefinitely and with the snow, I don't want to spray paint outside (nor can I even afford spray paint at this moment XD).
Tell me what you think and if you have any ideas as to how to do the paint. I have no decals either, and I have sanded off surface details (thanks revell for mostly raised detail)
Don't mind the background... :giggles:
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
cbaltrin
Master Member

Re: 1/48 Revell F4U Corsair restoration

Post by cbaltrin »

Nice details. Love what you did to the "engine" part. This should look really nice when you are all done. :popcorn:
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I like it! Nice additions of stuff to the classic kit.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”