The Devil is talkin' real loud right now....

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

The Devil is talkin' real loud right now....

Post by LyleW »

A video build log of this kit, or one of the seveal versions, popped up on FB. the builder is quite good it seems to me. I fell for the kit almost immediately. I want/have wanted a Ch-54 for a while, but could n't find one that seemed "right". Then this came along....in 1/35 scale.

Oh my....it is a sweet looking kit. Se is a big old lady, though. about 26 inched long, and then there is the rotor span.

No, I haven't bought it yet. It is a bit pricey and with a few add-ons, goes over $200.00 . . . But, I want one.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Re: The Devil is talkin' real loud right now....

Post by midnightprowler »

I as well but that price tag will permanently keep me from it. They're supposed to be issuing a 1/72.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

midnightprowler wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:40 am I as well but that price tag will permanently keep me from it. They're supposed to be issuing a 1/72.
I can actuall, maybe, possibly see these parts. I will probably order it today. Maybe. I want a CH-54 pretty badly. If I approach it as several kits, it isn't so bad. Looking over the instructions on Scalemates, that is not a big stretch. Just the rotor head is well over 20 parts. I am more worried about screwing it up!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:44 am Image
Guess who is winning....
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, crap. Someone used my ebay account to order these...guess I'll have to keep them.

Frankly, I'm terrified of this kit simply because of the cost. I can stew about it for a while as it will not get here until early April.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very very cool! I might well get one of these if they bring it out in 1/72, which I think is one the cards, but I want my Airfix Chinook 1st. Looking forward to seeing you throw this together Lyle.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Better start building that bigger display case yesterday, Lyle...
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stuart wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:15 am Very very cool! I might well get one of these if they bring it out in 1/72, which I think is one the cards, but I want my Airfix Chinook 1st. Looking forward to seeing you throw this together Lyle.
Get the 1/35! We can have a group build…
jeaton01 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:38 am Better start building that bigger display case yesterday, Lyle...
Ahh! I don’t have a case! She’s a big lady for sure.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Very cool. I have the old aurora and revell 1/72 kits - waiting on Lone Star models fire chopper conversion.
I hope they do one of these in 1/48 - but man this is going to be one impressive model in 1/35
Way to go Lyle!!!
Thanks,
John

Return to “Free Discussion”