A couple of Turkeys from Turkey

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

A couple of Turkeys from Turkey

Post by Stuart »

PM Models - made in Turkey, well I say made... :headslap:

It's been a bit of week this week, asides from my wife's ongoing health issues, my Grandmother died suddenly earlier in the week. Okay so I've not seen her since the 90s, but it's still knocked me sideways a bit. What with one thing and another, yesterday I just wanted to loose myself in a simple kit that I didn't have to worry about much, so I packed up the C-130 and the P-38 for later, and dug out these - you can't get much simpler...

Nice glossy box, not so much on the inside...

I can't decide if these are short run kits, or just old kits reboxed. This is the extent of the interior detail...

So with that in mind, I've started scratch-building some cockpits, helped a lot by my pile of spare F-16 and F-15 bits. Here's where I am now on the F-5A. I'm not going for accuracy, just an attempt to fill the gap.

And with a spare Tamiya F-16 seat.

I'll get this one painted to see how it looks, and then start on the T-38 (which I suspect is actually an F-5B).

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Re: A couple of Turkeys from Turkey

Post by LyleW »

Sorry to hear of your “goings on”. Life. Has a strange sense of timing.

Doesn’t look like much to do with these! Have some fun….
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I know what you mean about needing some bench time to divert you from life’s curve balls… but those kits look straight out of the mid 60’s! What scale are they? Kinda reminds me of the old Fujimi F-5/T-38 kits…🤨
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:42 pm Sorry to hear of your “goings on”. Life. Has a strange sense of timing.

Doesn’t look like much to do with these! Have some fun….
Thanks Lyle.
Stikpusher wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:49 pm I know what you mean about needing some bench time to divert you from life’s curve balls… but those kits look straight out of the mid 60’s! What scale are they? Kinda reminds me of the old Fujimi F-5/T-38 kits…🤨
Lol! They're 1/72 Carlos. I dud check scalemates, alas they're not Fujimi but some manufacturer I've never heard of - amazingly they're 80s toolings!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool Stuart! Those are some interesting kits. That's definitely a T-38 though.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:02 am Very cool Stuart! Those are some interesting kits. That's definitely a T-38 though.
For a T-38, you’ll have to remove the Leading Edge Extensions, T-38s had none. I do believe that there is also some difference in the shape of the intakes as well. The leading edge is sloped back from to to bottom vertically on the T-38, while the F-5 is more straight vertically. It’s not a major surgery, but for a proper T-38 those are the basic corrections I can see needing to be done on this kit. Also no wing tip tanks or missile rails on a T-38.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

One of my alltime favorite airframes. Looking forward to your dual build here Stuart. Pretty chunky interior!
Thanks,
John
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am
Medicman71 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:02 am Very cool Stuart! Those are some interesting kits. That's definitely a T-38 though.
For a T-38, you’ll have to remove the Leading Edge Extensions, T-38s had none. I do believe that there is also some difference in the shape of the intakes as well. The leading edge is sloped back from to to bottom vertically on the T-38, while the F-5 is more straight vertically. It’s not a major surgery, but for a proper T-38 those are the basic corrections I can see needing to be done on this kit. Also no wing tip tanks or missile rails on a T-38.

Ahh I see what you're saying now. I was looking at the box art and not the kit parts. You are absolutely correct.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Sorry for your loss Stuart.
I hope those kids at least have good decals?
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:11 am One of my alltime favorite airframes.
You and me both! Probably the hottest trainer ever designed, not to mention spawning the whole F-5 family.

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”