Kinetic Gold IA 58 Pucara

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Kinetic Gold IA 58 Pucara

Post by LyleW »

Sorry to hear this. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Firstly, get well soon!

And secondly, I just got the same Super Metallic paint. Looks like they are as good as I hoped.

Lastly, I really love the Pucara. I have the Special Hobby kit so I will use this tread as reference.
ImageImageImageImageImage
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I got nasty this afternoon so a couple nights ago, I shot a coat of Future on the gear doors, wells and struts. Today, I proceeded weathering it with Tamiya Brown Paneliner. After I let dry for a few minutes, I went over it using Artist White Spirits to wash it down. Here's the results and I'm happy with how it came out.

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking good. Glad to see you back at the bench
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Made some major progress but no pics. Phone had to be charged. Anyhow, fuselage buttoned up, wings buttoned up, tail rudder installed, weights added behind front wheel well, wings mated to fuselage. Started masking the main canopy before calling it a night.

This kit has been flawless as fit goes - everything went together with ZERO issues. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure. Yup…. flawless fit all around.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Went to Urgent Care due to the missus insistence as well as my son to go too. Guess what? We both were tested positive for COVID. :headbang:

I return to work on Wednesday so that’s about right. I left early from work last Wednesday, so the doc asked how longI was sick for and asked if I work full time. She asked if I had planned on going back to work on Monday (today). Told her it was my plan but I was told by her, no. I go back Wednesday and wrote out a doctors note for my employer.

This Wednesday makes more sense to return since she’s counted starting with last Thursday, Friday, the weekend Saturday and Sunday, today - Monday and tomorrow -Tuesday as the 5 days required to stay out of work. Fine by me since I felt good today and slept better last night since my wife was sick 2 weeks ago. She probably had COVID and never got tested.

Anyhow, worked on the bird this afternoon. Lost one tiny part last night, couldn’t find it since I didn’t see the direction it went “ping” off my tweezers. So I luckily found another in my spares that looked close enough.

Now for “ping” #2 off those #$%@$ tweezers this afternoon. This time I saw the direction it went. Looked for it with no luck. Will head back down tonight for a deeper “Deep Space Nine” search for the other tiny part. My luck, I’ll find the other tiny part from last night. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

What’s done so far:

I had canopy fit issues. Kept test fitting and saw why. The bang seats were not sitting completely flushed to the cockpit floor. Out they came, sanded of the excess glue sitting between the seats bottom and not the notches. The notches were grinded out, bang seats glued back in, much better since the canopy is finally sitting pretty in its place.

The bird is about ready for paint of black as my basecoat. There will be a grey with bit of green squiggles on the panels to help out the camo scheme. It won’t be long before she’s ready for decals and legs installed.

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Glad you're on the mend. Also glad to hear the kit is going together well as I have this one as well.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This is shaping up nicely Tom! Sorry to hear about your bout with Covid, but at least the strain is pretty tame now compared to four years ago. :wink: Now if they could only come up with a cure for tweezers that launch those little parts into the Twilight Zone… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Pics man...we need pics
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sorry to hear you and your son have had a bout of COVID Tom, I hope you're felling better soon!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”