My Work Bench AD Dec 2014

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
KSaarni
Elite Member

My Work Bench AD Dec 2014

Post by KSaarni »

Hi all,

Pretty much 6 months has gone in more or a less total death calm silence from my point of view....
This all because of a pretty stressy "pre-move", "during the move" and "after-move period" I have gone through...

We moved from house A to house B and one negative result is that I don't have any good room for my work bench any longer!
Luckily there is some storage space for my stash, even if the fact is, that the space has already been filled... so adding any new boxes is somehow difficult...

Below a sad view... this is my current work bench... just that green cutting mat.... All tools, paints and other stuff stuffed in a cupboard..

But,
what a heck!
It is what it is... no use to cry.... I won't help...
So time to start a new project and try to make the best of it! :-)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: My Work Bench AD Dec 2014

Post by Thomas_M »

Kari,
I have seen modellers with much less space doing miracles, so I am confident you'll find a solution to improve this. Make yourself at home and used to the new place; there will be finished kits roll off the line soon! :tongue:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Oh no! You must make an visit to the Hobby Shop Emergency Room! Glad you found a spot to work and like Thomas said, I'm confident you will produce masterpieces.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

haha! I had a setup similar while at university. all paints and tools in a boz, with a corner of the desk give to the cutting pad
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Any flat surface is a building surface. I found it was quite nice bringing a kit out into the living room and decaling on the coffee table while watching TV.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thanks all for the encouraging words... indeed, I started yesterday evening. finally building something in this new setup...And yes, it goes..

Needs though much more discipline than before, as stuff cannot be left on the table "hanging around" so freely anymore..

And I surely like Scorpios idea, decaling for example in front of TV and so on! Thanks !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”