Stik's Motor Pool- updated 2/4/24, pg.7

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stikpusher

Re: Stik's Motor Pool

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks for looking and commenting guys. Yes, seeing them here like this for the first time, I can see my own progression of skills as a modeler. It's kind of fun to see in this manner. Dont worry, there are lots more to come... 30 years worth still to go from Spring 1984 to now...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to seeing the rest of them. I guess I might have to start soon to post my military vehicles. I'll have to call it "Fort Maddog Armor Base" though instead of "Motor Pool" since I have over 660 models to post! That's gonna take a long time..... :Beer:

Keep them coming Carlos! I like catching up with things you'd build long before and seeing how well you've improved.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Fort Maddog... I Like that! Would be a helluva post name... Well get to work on your vehicle photos... I am starting the next phase of mine after New Years... I have too much going on now to start any sooner...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay then, I'll start a tour of Fort Maddog next year. This will also help me to find out what armor models I haven't gotten pictures of. I still need to resume the tour at Maddog AFB too.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

OK, continuing with my old armor builds, these are from my active duty days at Ft Polk, Spring 1984 thru Fall 1987

These are my modern armor kits built in that time period- not in chronological order- and not all survived to today for photographs

Tamiya 1/35 Marder 1 SPW

Tamiya 1/35 Chieftain Mk.5

Tamiya 1/35 T-62A

Tamiya 1/35 M60A1

Italeri 1/35 M109A2

Tamiya 1/35 M1Abrams

Tamiya 1/35 M3 Bradley CFV

Tamiya 1/35 M247 DIVAD Sgt York

Monogram 1/35 M48A2 (upgunned, currently undergoing rebuild)

Tamiya 1/35 Merkava I

Tamiya 1/35 M48A3

and then there were these three added to my collection built by an old barracks room mate
Tamiya M113 that he built as my Track when I was the Platoon Leaders Driver (he even did my desert camo painted CVC helmet) Not the correct camo scheme on the track but it does have my personalized markings

Tamiya M151A2 Scout Jeep

Tamiya M151A2 TOW Jeep (I had built one prior, but somebody stole it... grrrr....)

Next round of photos I will get the WWII kits that I built during that time period...

FLSM
Stikpusher

Re: Stik's Motor Pool- updated 1/5, page 2

Post by Stikpusher »

Continuing with my builds from my time at Ft. Polk in the 1980s, my surviving WWII builds of that time period... in order of nationality, not build...
German

Tamiya 1/35 BMW Motorcycle w/Sidecar

Italeri 1/35 Kfz 234/3 (my first attempt at mud weathering- GI foot powder mixed with earth colored paint)

Italeri 1/35 Panzer Mk. IV J

Italeri 1/35 Elefant

US

Monogram 1/32 M4A1

Academy (Tamiya clone) 1/35 M10 GMC (the first Academy kit I ever bought and built)

Tamiya 1/35 M3A2 Halftrack

Tamiya 1/35 M5A1 Light Tank

Tamiya 1/35 M8 HMC

Soviet
Tamiya 1/35 KV-II

UK/Commonwealth
Tamiya 1/35 SAS Jeep

Italeri 1/35 Crusader III

Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Crocodile

and that is all of the survivors... The Tiger I and Jagdtiger also built then were shown previously in this thread... and sadly a few no longer exist except as perhaps landfill somewhere...

More to come in a few days...

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Haven't commented much on your completed works. There are not enough words! Simply amazing. From what I've heard about Ft. Polk, this is probably the best way to have spent your time!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LOL! yeah Ft Polk was someplace else allright... Once you leave the immediate surrounding area, the fabled Southern Hospitality is fabulous, not to mentions those Belles... but near the post is a typical GI town with all the pitfalls for the young red blooded American male... Many of these were weekend, or at most week long projects. Looking at them here, I can see my haste, but at the same time the progression of learned skills. Oh to have access to that well stocked PX again... Modern Tamiya armor was plentiful and cheap there... before I got my car out there, my weekends usually consisted of a trip to Class VI store (for a bottle- thank goodness the local liquor laws were so friendly to 18 year olds back then...) after final formation on Friday, followed by a trip to the PX for a kit, both within a short walking distance of our barracks, and off I went... By late Sunday evening, these were the results... :happens: That is on the weekends that we were not in the woods or off on deployment...

Thanks for looking in an commenting my friend... there is still a lot more to come... I still have 27 years worth of armor builds to cover here...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I also like seeing the progression of learned skills. Looking at your most recent work at the latest AMPS meetings truly shows how masterful you've become to date.

I'm looking forward to seeing more. Thirty five years is a lot of modeling to show off! I know, I have forty-five years of armor to show and it's gonna take me all year long and more to get all mine posted.

I think it's about time to open that tour of Fort Maddog.....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. If you count the few surviving 1/32 Monogram kit builds, and the old Tamiya Stuh.42 that all date from the mid 70s but were reworked in the late 80s, we are talking 40+ years... And I have yet to get out of the 80s here... I pitched away a lot of builds from my pre adult stuff... All my 1/72 & 1/48, and most of my 1/32 & 1/35 stuff...

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”