1/35 Italeri Land Rover 109 series III

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Paul
Addicted Member

1/35 Italeri Land Rover 109 series III

Post by Paul »

it isn't That often that I build something other than air craft but I got to looking this kit through and figured "Why not". You will have to excuse me if there is anything I miss in accordance with this and other kits like this.
I went through the the kit looking for any signs of flash and what ever was was minimal at best. The instructions are a fairly simple Booklet style and very clear diagrams. The decal sheet is limited to a few license plates. This kit provides enough parts to assemble two or three styles of of vehicle down to a pick up. In other words this kit is as versatile as the actual vehicle that it replicates.

I started with the frame. the parts were pretty well detailed and assembled easily. I had it assembled and primed with in a couple of hours.

I have no idea on how to weather vehicles but I guess it is pretty close to what one does to airplanes. After putting the wheels together I shot them with white for the wheel and used German Gray for the tire. Then I dusted the inside of the wheel with some Vallejo dark gray pigment, put them on the wheel and voila.

Right now I have no idea what color this truck is going to be but after looking through the many pictures on the web I can say that what ever I come up with should be acceptable.

More later.
Cheers
Paul
Addicted Member

Re: 1/35 Italeri Land Rover 109 series III

Post by Paul »

I have a few things yet to accomplish before I call this done. Things like doors and headlights. I saw one of these a while back here in Oklahoma that was part of a volunteer fire dept. and the color seemed to be a natural for this vehicle.

Now I have said previously that I am no car modeler but on that note I can see maybe a future with them if I can continue practicing .
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Hey, I didn't know you were over here! That's looking great. I'm chopperlover over at agape.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

midnightprowler wrote:Hey, I didn't know you were over here! That's looking great. I'm chopperlover over at agape.

II am all over the place.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That looks VERY sharp in those colors!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Looks great so far Paul! Lil' sucker is shaping up nicely.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

midnightprowler wrote:Hey, I didn't know you were over here! That's looking great. I'm chopperlover over at agape.
Yeah there's about four of us agapians over here on SPAM.

That Landie is looking great Paul!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”